cdn logistics

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by oneshot53, Jan 24, 2011.

1. ladywrongway03

ladywrongway03 Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    trotwood oh
    worked for cdn for a yr.great freight,you can go anywhere you want.They are low on the fsc.they pay you short miles.so a 700 mile run you get paid for 630.They dont pay for anything as far as plates,fuel taxes.My final straw was a 471 permit ticket that they are suppose to be responsible for permits.Ive decided all companies have the good and the bad.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. young hogg

young hogg Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Ohio
    other than that how were they? who are you leased to now?

scottlav46 Thanks this.
  4. earwood

earwood Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2012
    :biggrin_255:

5. ladywrongway03

ladywrongway03 Heavy Load Member

Aug 28, 2008
    trotwood oh
    sold my truck and went local.Hated it so I bought another truck and went back to CDN but they cant seem to get me home

6. NEW O/O

NEW O/O Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2012
    My advise is STAY AWAY unless you don't mind doing round trips in Chicago. That is the only driving they do. From Chicago out and back. This is NOT an over the road company. I am on the verge of loosing my first truck because of them and They are still holding my pay for 4 loads.
    The ad says "no forced dispatch". It ain't forced, but if you don't take a load back to Chicago, You don't get a load at all.

7. NEW O/O

NEW O/O Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2012
    They did the same thing to me. They owe me about $1500. I have to make a truck payment next month. I am hoping I left there in time to make money with another company in time to save my truck. They are also saying I damaged a trailer and told me they are going to charge me with "hit and run". I already called 2 lawyers and they told me they can't do it. They left me and my wife in OK , They shut the fuel card off because I refused to take a load back to Chicago. We couldn't get fuel or my pay. I didn't want to run back to Chicago on every run. They told me at one meeting we had that I didn't have to then changed thier minds after we went to OK. If I had it to do all over, I wouldn't. There were alot of red flags. Real pushy to get me to start and pick up one of thier trailers in GA to get to Chicago. I got to Chicago and They tryed to put their name on my doors. This is NOT a company truck. It is mine.
    Sometimes,I just play well with others.

8. earwood

earwood Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2012
    CDN does not hold paychecks unless the driver/owner operator does something to warrant this process. They are way to big to something like
    that. If you have a problem that you need help with call me at 224-374-4204. Earl Arwood

9. ampm wayne

ampm wayne Heavy Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    bloomington,in
    If they pay a fair rate and have freight going to and from Chicago what is the problem?

If I am leased to a company out of Chicago I would expect to see a lot of Chicago.

If I was getting the miles I needed I would be happy with consistant freight. I would rather get a return load to Chicago as wait for loads going other places. Expecially if the company has freight in Chicago when I get there.

This is just my opinion.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  10. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    He should have walked out in orientation. They have that in Chicago. That company's core freight biz is, surprisingly enough, Chicago area... It's a trucking company not a travel agency.

11. dieselsmoke343

dieselsmoke343 Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2011
    saint louis missouri
    So you want the scoop on CDN Logistics when you get there you will find out the recruiter lied to you about 50% .... Then when you haul there freight you will discover they pay pc short route miles .. When you turn in your paper work you must always fill out a trailer inspection report when you either pick up or drop a loaded or empty trailer.. You must also fill out and expense report for scale tickets lumper receipts etc when you turn them in at the drivers window make sure you get copies of everything and also you must always flo scan your paperwork every week they will gladly email your settlement sheets on friday when they pay you just make out a comcheck and mail it to the bank stay away from direct deposit.. Get to know your outbound and east or west inbound dispatcher just tell him your first name and unit number and stay quiet tell them you are either empty or loaded and they will advise you accordingly ... When you have and outbound load call your inbound dispatcher and let them know when you will be empty so they can plan your backhaul which will always be chicago and nothing else and if you have questions about a load do not tell the dispatcher call and talk to customer service when a new driver comes to cdn they do not know what to think but it is not really that bad if you do not mind working for a 1.33cpm but look around all companies are paying the same rates...

scottied67 and blackbirdandson Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.