Celadon makes it official — 4000 jobs wiped out

Discussion in 'Other News' started by truckaholic001, Dec 9, 2019.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    What driver record?
    The company is shut down, there is no one to update any internal record, and no one to answer the phone to verify it in any case.
    As for external records, well all the companies like Hirerite charge for the service. No money means no reporting.

No, getting an abandonment ding is so unlikely that it should be very far down the list of things to worry about.

drvrtech77 and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    In my defense, sine it appears that they still have money to shut down somewhat orderly.

"A message from Celadon delivered just after midnight Monday confirmed the bankruptcy and assured drivers that everyone who followed instructions for returning equipment would be paid for their work and miles, he said."

ZVar Thanks this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Very true, and so far in Celadon's case I would wait a day or two to find out if they are in fact trying to get the drivers home.
    I would not give it much more than that though. After all most orientations start on Monday. :)

Concorde and bzinger Thank this.
  5. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    An article in ccj 4 hours ago says roadrunner just sold they're flatbed division...dry van and intermodal already gone .
    By the looks of they're aging reefer fleet they are probably next .

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  6. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Sorry to hear about your wife, life really seems like a sick joke at times like yours.
    Stay strong.

rolls canardly, Vic Firth and bzinger Thank this.
  7. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    No apology necessary, I was not directing that to you.
    I was addressing ZVar.
    Agreed; No more shall death be discussed.

x1Heavy and bzinger Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Thank you for supporting my choice not to discuss any more death in TTR. There again has been too many of these threads and unfortunately it really hits home already in several members here. Including myself. I think that combined with politics as a verboten subject will preserve our ability to get along and have a way of continuing on here.

I actually have Zvar and a number of others on the ignore list and do not see their posts. There are a few who I would like to remove from that list soon but we will see. I just understand that death is a topic that does too much damage between people who I consider friends here and value their input in general. Ive had way too much trouble with it and it will get stopped.

Good luck with you and yours. Catch you next time.

bzinger Thanks this.
  9. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    On the issue of insurance aren't a majority of these mega carriers self insured ....so that would make thier self insurance worthless if bankrupt....and #### someone sueing them after a wreck or in current litigation is just sol

MrEd Thanks this.
  10. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    Filing for bankruptcy protection is not the same as being totally insolvent. A company can do it the right way, and tie up all of the loose ends in a legal ethical manner before closing up for good. It is a pretty sad statement about our modern world that it is so rare for a company to close up properly that we can all assume they won't.

Coffey Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.