celedon starts load board for l/p

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by 18 wheels of fury, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Highway_Executive

Highway_Executive Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2016
    Chicago
    When I was there it was on one board. You can switch back and fourth.

slow.rider Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Do they let you book outside freight? Someone said they shut off your fuel card if you do, but what if you have your own fuel card?

4. Lekwid

Lekwid Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New Castle, DE
    Whats home time like, I live in delaware. Can a northeast type runs make a decent check?

5. Rackpass 85

Rackpass 85 Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Thats high! Mine are 1043 with 350 a week for my mainteance account that includes all my insurances ,permits and plstes!

6. Chevymn75

Chevymn75 Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Highway_excutive if you could message me I’m interested in celadon

7. Chevymn75

Chevymn75 Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2017
    My company im working for is going under and I want to have my own truck and make good money. Im retired from the Navy so I get a pension I did do the lease purchase with Swift when I first started driving and it was expensive got lucky and was able to get out of it with only paying them 2500.00

8. slow.rider

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Your best bet is to go to a "choose your own freight" program with percentage pay. You don't want to put a dispatcher in charge of whether or not you can make your truck payment. But you'll need to get good at things like lane analysis and checking for backhauls out of bad freight areas like Colorado and Florida. And ideally you want to buy your truck from a third party. I got mine from Lone Mountain. It's had a ton of problems but I'm still surviving. Even with all the repairs, its probably still cheaper than making huge payments to places like Swift and Schneider.

Highway_Executive and ChicagoJohn Thank this.
  9. Chevymn75

Chevymn75 Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2017
    I was thinking of doing the lease purchase through celadon do to I don’t have a down payment and credit is not the greatest

10. slow.rider

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    To go owner op you should have at a bare minimum $5000 in the bank in addition to any down payment. I spent over $10,000 just in maintenance and repairs in the first 6 months of my lease purchase. That's on top of having to keep up on the payments and insurance.

Also, the zero down deals are by far the worst in the long run. You can end up spending twice as much to buy a truck as if you'd gone somewhere else, put a few grand down, and gotten halfway decent terms on the same truck. And the payments can be ridiculous on a zero down deal, like over $1000 per week.

My payment is $1395 per month. I had zero credit and $4000 down.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  11. Highway_Executive

Highway_Executive Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2016
    Chicago
    Sorry, No longer at celadon. Got my own authority and having looked back. A lot has changed since I left and quality now wants a down payment for their over priced truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.