Cell Phone mounts and the law

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Brucesmith, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    I am not sure that anyone has gotten dinged for this, but my iPhone is also my iPod for music and podcasts. I have it plugged into the truck stereo for this purpose. I use a bluetooth headset to do any hands free calling and such. But one does have to touch the phone/ipod to make music selections and such. Would be interesting to see how that works. No law against using an iPod.

missouritrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. turnanburn

turnanburn Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2011
    central Vermont
    Interesting or expensive:biggrin_25510:. I bet if you ask enforcement people you get varying answers. Sometimes they just don't know, and sometimes they think they know and they're just uninformed. Our milk hauler just had a driver ticketed for not having the correct insurance filing behind their #. They don't need it hauling milk. The officer was just wrong. It got ripped up with an apology the next morning, but it's kind of crazy out their sometimes .

4. UrbanCowboy67

UrbanCowboy67 Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2014
    CHICAGO, IL
    Hit up ebay. I got a Bluetooth speaker that clips to my visor for $10 and it works great. You don't need the blue parrot headset for $900000 that they sell at the truckstop. But then again you can't be cool and walk around with your headset on

5. missouritrucker

missouritrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Cummings, KS
    Yeah, can't forget that they haven't said anything about cb's... It's ridiculous how they regulate us!

6. missouritrucker

missouritrucker Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2013
    Cummings, KS
    I always leave mine in the truck... But I assume your "$900000" is sarcasm... Cause they don't cost that much $80-$100 depending on what model you prefer of the blue parrot lineup...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.