Central Refigerated Service, Inc. - West Valley, Ut.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by buster brown, Jan 8, 2006.

1. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Guys I've talked to enjoy working for Central.Mostly all new Volvo tractors.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. earthbrown

earthbrown Medium Load Member

May 27, 2006
    IDK MAN, I love them.....

From what I have learned from experiance the Fleet manager makes all the difference.

I get miles,

I am never late.
    I Constantly update my FM.
    I dont get tickets.
    I dont take stupid chances....

MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!!!

I DONT GET PISSED AND CURSE OUT MY FLEET MANAGER, USING PROFANITY AND YELLING AT A FLEET MANAGER WILL NOT GET YOU LOADS. I SWEAR LIKE A TRUCKER(NO pun intended). But when talking to dispatch I talk in a professional manner. I have had my FM for 5 months and Have never even met him. I earn brownie points by helping out with repowers when ever possable, even dropping better load when a driver ran out of hours. You put effort and professionalism into the job and the FM's seem to take care of you.

IDK, maybe I am in a unique position, I have had BAD weeks, 1 week less than $100......most of my bad times came in the first 3 months. But my unique position is my old lady makes a good buck and a bad couple weeks wont kill me, for some it will, but that is what happens trucking is not that stable, and it is hard to find a GOOD steady job if you are new to the industry, or a risk.

IDK, i guess I am lucky, but the company does have a decent base of drivers with 2+ years, and I have met atleast 15 drivers who have been there through simon, and they all say the same thing, "work the system, kiss a little *********, and you will make $$$" .

K

4. pro driver

pro driver Bobtail Member

Sep 22, 2006
    as the driver said great trucks I got a new one in 2004 promised the world got [crap] trucks governed out at 55 all loads heavy 6wks couldn,t fuel up tanks 1 time had to sell fuel their promise of 35oo miles per wk was less then 1500 lyovers of 2to3days won,t answer the tel or the qualcom first 3 pay checks owed them money look at there saltlake yd always full of owner ops told us fuel in their yd was cheaper told em to fill it asked how much was .11 higher than the j toldem stop filling make you go through their shop entering the yard inspection then charge you for it told them i quit when they said no runs handed them the keys and magic out of nowhere a run to ark. magic after 3 days they said they paid me 7k I took home less than $300. unless they cleaned up their act watch out you will work for fuel and truckpayments nothing comes out of their pocket nothing free and get the miles in writing if you do go stay out of salt lake cal drivers were doing fair looked great new 900 3500 miles per wk was company drivers got runs owner ops get the [leftover crap]:smt065 t they don,t want

5. Driven2drive

Driven2drive Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ogden, Utah
    Hard to find many negative comments about Central. As far as the above comment goes, you're not going to find an employer in any kind of business that won't from time to time. I'm interviewing there in Salt Lake on Monday, 1/15. I'm not signing anything for anybody that quick. I'll let everyone know how it went.

Anyone holding out for the perfect job with the perfect company where you will never be unhappy and all is sweetness and light, no matter what business, best of luck to you but you're going to get very hungry, very soon.

6. thagen_pmc

thagen_pmc Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2007
    U didn't work 4 them under Central. They are the best co. I have ever worked for. They work for your sucess harder than u realize (I was fleet mgr. in Irving terminal, I know how hard they work.) Just be sure to be based out of the Irving, TX terminal.

7. thagen_pmc

Jan 23, 2007
    EXACTLY, that works at ALL companies. Doesn't hurt to get rid of the Industry-wide I'm Getting Screwed attitude. Find something u like, try to get along or at least be pro, and u will be amazed what u get.

8. thagen_pmc

Jan 23, 2007
    PS If u don't mind me asking, who is ur FM?

9. V^2

V^2 Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2006

Can you talk more about what being professional means to the FM and the dispatcher and the best ways to make yourself part of a winning team?

10. V^2

V^2 Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2006

How are you doing with Central? Have you decided to attend the schooling on the 29th?

Thnx for your input.

11. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Hey TIP; I'm waiting for the want ad's.
    Skull

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.