Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiger 4

tiger 4 Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2011
    poplar Bluff MO
    Hi everyone, I am looking to start with Central I have a question for you . Is there any terminals or drop yark in the midwest ? thank you all.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Theres one in Orient ohio

tiger 4 Thanks this.
  4. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    There's one in Cleveland as well

tiger 4 Thanks this.
  5. tiger 4

Aug 18, 2011
    poplar Bluff MO
    Is there a very long wait for trainers ? And are the miles consistant with Central ? Thanks again.

6. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    When I went through I got on a truck the same day I finnished orientation. Some classmates had to wait up to 3 days, which still isnt bad. I've heard the classes are a lot bigger now, so I don't know if it's become more of a problem.

tiger 4 Thanks this.
  7. tiger 4

Aug 18, 2011
    poplar Bluff MO
    Passion4polishing, Are you still with Central ? And do you get plenty miles ?

8. mumbles6978

mumbles6978 Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2011
    New York
    I understand the daily variable cost's that come with leasing a truck, and I appreciate you taking the time to write all that to me. But like passion mentioned I was looking for the fixed cost's that central charges.----Thanks Again

9. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I'm still with central. I get anywhere from 2600-3000 miles a week. At first it can be hard to get miles, expect 1500-2000, but if you prove yourself you'll move up the ranks quickly. If you are delivering everything on time doing all your communication, and running legal, and still arent over 2200/wk after 3 weeks have a talk with your DM. I had to go over my DM's head 3 weeks in, but since then I've been running 2600+, like I said. If you do your part central will keep you moving, although maybe not quite as fast as you'd like at times.

tiger 4 Thanks this.
  10. tiger 4

Aug 18, 2011
    poplar Bluff MO
    passion4polishing, Do you get a on time bonus ?

11. BoneCollector

BoneCollector Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Kannapolis, NC.
    Last I heard central was short about 20 trainers company wide. I myself am a trainer and will be picking up a student in a couple weeks. I try to get my students from the Conley GA shop. The classes have been having 50 or so students in them from what I've been told but a small % of them actually make it to upgrade for various reasons. The truck issue shouldn't be that big of a deal they normally have quite a few trucks available at Conley or west valley and if there's not they may send you out to recover a truck. Sometimes these are lease trucks and you'll get lucky enough to get to keep it.. I've seen this happen a few times. I just turned in my 2012 Pete 386 that's in my pic. It's in west valley and I was told they're gonna make it a company truck, it's a nice truck with fridge and in dash nav system.

tiger 4 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.