Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nottoway

Nottoway Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Southeast Virginia
    Please post some pointers!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dirtycurty26

dirtycurty26 Bobtail Member

May 16, 2010
    delhi,ca
    Yea henderson is a no go since september. I wantwest valley because I can may be able to weasel my wayy home to nor cal for a few days

4. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    When we were with Central our speed sensor went, and what the truck and Qualcomm thought was 65 was 70. Actual fuel mileage hovered just over 7 (all miles averaged - as tracked on MyGauges). Now we have a rolling brick and average just over 6 and run the speed limit (yes even 80 on 20 and 10) The instant gauge you guys are picturing is good to give you an idea, but it isn't always correct. It was off by 0.3 mpg in most cases. You really need to track it on paper/spreadsheet. Back when we started you had to pay for fuelgauges, so my suggestion to all o/o-l/o is to sign up since it is now free.

Lady K and jess-juju Thank this.
  5. 6pak4-two

6pak4-two Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there
    Looking at the meny post that show MPG ang FSG dose show a greater profit. I know there's someone that could dispute that but it's not going to be me instead I'm going to give an example of a 3,000 trip on a Central truck to a real L/O
    Central doing 3,000 miles after expenses im guessing take home to be say $1,200.00 I could be high and this is based on 8 miles to a gallon as I see most of you get.

Now let's look a a L/O at the same 3,000 miles not a Central
    If the load paid say $2.00 a mile = $6,000.00
    Fuel at 8 MPG would be 375 gals = $1,500.00
    % to his company say 15% = $900.00
    Truck pay = say $400.00 a week
    Trailer pay = say $70.00 a week
    Insurance say $150.00 a week
    Misc pay road fuel taxes say $100.00 a week
    D/H miles say 300 x $4.00 a gal $120.00
    and just misc whatever $200.00
    $6000.00-$3420.00 = $2,580.00 he made most of these numbers are high I know but I'm keeping it on the safe side

When most people come on here and talk about the Central lease there just trying to bring to your attention there are better ways out there. I a new driver stayed company for a year made sure this was his type of job talked to anyone and everyone he could find about who they run for saved his money the chances of him becoming a real L/O and on his way to owning that truck would be better then thinking Central was the only game in town.

Yes finding loads is work calling S/R to make appts dealing with the B/S but if you could make twice the money with no political B/S and know the money your saving CANT BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU as with Central and or other companies wouldn't that be better.

The point you owe it to yourself to take the time to explore all your options and that can't be done in just 3 months of driving. Snoowys 1Bads and Jess's are saying just this. If you came here to start a business then start one you will have the experience of a year behind you there may even be a company close to where you live you lease a truck to.

Think about it it's worth the time.

Note both take home totals could be higher or lower then stated although I don't think Centrals would go up no matter how many MPG's you get.

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  6. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    See I don't know everything :) can you explane this free program and how to get it?

7. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    6pak, I think we all know that o/o w/authority makes more money, but for most of us it's not an option. A lot of lease ops use the program as a stepping stone between co driver and true o/o. Get used to the business side of it before you get thrust into finding your own loads, dealing with customers, etc. Not to mention a one truck operation with a new driver is rediculously expensive to insure.

8. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    i believe she's talking about mygauges.com

mama mia Thanks this.
  9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

LINK. There is a link to the free fuel tracker (I use it and love it!)... Also there is a question and answer forum and some accounting, record keeping info (that you have to pay for, but there is a free trial to see if you like it... Plus your fuel info goes right into it)... Enjoy;)

mama mia Thanks this.
  10. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Yep... Link posted above...

mama mia Thanks this.
  11. 6pak4-two

6pak4-two Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there
    Ah but I'm not talking about O/O I'm talking about people who bye the truck and lease on to a company and drive under there authority and base plates same as you but they aren't getting there truck form that company. You can bye a truck anywhere and lease it to even Central this the true meaning of a lease Opp. The company charges a percentage they pay you and and the broker or shipper pays them. They can either rent or rent to own a trailer if your not happy there just move on. I will say this a lot if places you bye the truck from will want to no who you lease it to they can set up a direct payment security If your down is a lot then you can just pay as if you bought a new car.

The company they pull for has a load board for you to pull from as they post freight the driver can also if he or she builds a good repor with a broker that broker can call the driver direct there company still get a percentage but the percentage stays the same.

The only time you need your own authority is when you deal direct with a broker and get paid 100% of the load.
    Frieght rates vary so do the percentages but always get paid just like Central you could pull a load today for $2.00 and another tomarrow for $2.50 you chose a little work yes but for the ones who want a business this is the way to go.

As far as a stepping stone goes its a larger risk doing the Centtral lease then getting your own truck and a much better idea to run company for a year a the experience b make sure truckings right for you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.