Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    A paraffin candle would float on water. Maybe it would work if you put a metal base on the candle.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dirtycurty26

dirtycurty26 Bobtail Member

May 16, 2010
    delhi,ca
    will mi be alright with an electic blanket you think? not likeing the open flame in the cab myself

4. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

You would need an inverter and a way to charge your batteries. If you're not in an emergency ( unable to run engine ) that would work. We have a heating pad we use to warm the foot of our bed before we get in... Sends us right to sleep!

dirtycurty26 Thanks this.
  5. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Anything that uses electricity to generate heat is going to draw a considerable amount of current. If you can generate that current (meaning you have fuel and it's not gelled) you're probably better off using the bunk heater. DISCLAIMER - I haven't been through my first winter, so this isn't based on real world experience.

6. 6pak4-two

6pak4-two Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there
    By all means use the bunk heater you can bye adddatives to keep the fuel from gelling up if your company save the sale slip put it in your trip pack you will be repaid even if you use the com data card.

7. dirtycurty26

May 16, 2010
    delhi,ca
    #### forgot about the wattage issuse i will settle for a small propane heater if i can find one a little more controled but again cracking the window of course

8. DrivinDave

DrivinDave Bobtail Member

May 12, 2012
    Making sure you have some extra bottles of drinking water and some canned food could come in handy during the winter. Never know how bad a snow storm can be and if your at a ts or rest area and they close the hwy you won't starve or get dehydrated. Last winter I got snowed in in Joplin when they closed I44 for 3 days from Tulsa to Springfield I got lucky and was at a ts but by the time the freeway was opened and the trucks broke free from the fuel island blocking the exit the ts shelves were pretty empty as they couldn't get there stock in either. So always carry extra drinking water and food!

dirtycurty26 Thanks this.
  9. dirtycurty26

May 16, 2010
    delhi,ca
  10. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    It says 3-6 hours on a 1 lb propane bottle. How much propane are to gonna carry, and how is this better than a bunk heater?

11. dirtycurty26

May 16, 2010
    delhi,ca

of course and 3 to 6 hours is still alot at least for such a small area and it has a themostat so 3 bottles should last for emergencys and in alteration with the bunk hater. but the bunk heater will need the truck to recharge the baterries. cost of fule being above 4.00 a gallon, cost of two 1 lb bottles at walmart 6 bucks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.