Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Sounds more like CREnglands b.s. to me. Hire you then push you into their lease because they dont have any company trucks.

Personally I would be on my way home.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    Good Luck on the Lease!

JJ's truck he had with Central had an APU he paid an extra $55.00 a week it was a second or third hand APU and we had to get some work done on it!

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  4. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    now they are saying theres no company trucks? i bet theres some co trucks available to all the guys who are upgrading maybe not in wvc but theres some at one of their terminals. sounds to me like they are trying to break it off in ya.

5. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

LINK Here is a link to where I have been telling of our experiences.. It might be a bit on the LONG side... LOL! It also won't have details on pay, but that has probably changed since we started anyways. As to why folks move on, it is a multitude of reasons I'm sure. Driving is a life unto its self. Talking and thinking about it really can't prepare you for it, until you're out here. Also since you are a 'family man' take into consideration you won't be physically there for them much at all. Can your family deal with that?

6. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Hello again, LadyK!

There's a pretty easy way to figure if you are better off as an lease-op than a company driver, financially speaking:

While you are a company driver, keep a tally of all the expenses you would be paying if you were an lease-op. Include the obvious stuff like blown tires, but also remember the back office things like taxes and insurance.
    Also keep a tally of the income you would be receiving if you were a lease-op. Do this for a few months and you should see a pattern emerge. This will give you a real-world view into which path is right for you.

P.S. I see you down there, 1bad. I left you a voicemail about hunting while I was driving along the western slope. Maybe had one bar of signal, so if you heard a voicemail and could only make out every third word, that was me.

mama mia Thanks this.
  7. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Shoot... Yeah that does sound like some pressure there... What happened to the truck you were using? Why are you hanging trucks? Your request or theirs? Yes the APU is a luxury ... We use the ICON system and bunk heater... We did have an inverter installed though... For the Wal Mart fridge and microwave. As for training... I guess they have their 'rules'. Not saying they are good rules or not, but...

How long have you been with Central now?

8. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
  9. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Frost, idk if you ran the numbers, but 38k in 4 months is on the light side for a lease. I've been leasing for just over 3 months. In the three full months I've been leasing I ran over 34k miles. The break even vs company driver is somewhere in the neighborhood of 9000 miles a month (if I remember my math). Also, things like idling and apu's and whatnot come right out of your bottom line, so ask yourself if the money is worth it. I frequently argue that this is self employment, not business ownership, but decisions like these need to be made as if it is a business. For me, an APU would have a negligible ROI, so it's not worth the coin.

I wish you the best in this, and I'm just trying to help, not call you out. No one wants to see you fail at this.

P.S. central had a problem with the company spec volvos they bought, so it might be a legit issue. Conley always has used trucks available though, so going there should've been an option.

10. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    I upgraded a student a week ago and they had 10 shiny cascadias in the unseated lot. He got out of my 2012 and moved into a 2013. They pulled the same thing with me. My Volvo was drinking 1gal of coolant a day and I took it in. Next thing I know it's going to take 7-10 days to fix. To top it off I was trying to get home to see if we were having a boy or girl. So I was sitting in the cafe pouting and Brad slithers up, "I hear you: are having some truck problems. Sign a lease and I'll get you out of here tomarow. " I was planning on leasing, but wanted to wait until after the baby was born. So I got them to toss in a week w/o payments to be used when the baby was born, and signed the lease. As I have said before the only regret I have is not using a 3rd party lease. I have had many offers, but don't want to break the lease.

11. 6pak4-two

6pak4-two Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there

Hey my friend it's been awhile hope all is well with you as well. Stay in touch.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.