Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electra-glide

Electra-glide Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Hollister, Florida
    So would you recommend not starting with CRS? I still have a week before I leave.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Electra-glide

Electra-glide Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Hollister, Florida
    Yes Lady k I ran the road back in 99 so they are ok with it. I am leaving a job as a Patrol Sergeant to get back in trucking, about the same pay but at least I wont be getting shot at hopefully.. lol My boys are older and I can take them with me and spend some one onone time together. The only other option I had was to go over seas as a contractor, pays well but you only get home every 5 to 6 months.

4. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Hi all. Thanks for all of your valuable input. Too many threads to reply to do Ill try to remember them all even tho my brain is on the overload side. As to why I came to a terminal after being out four months, I've been in a brand new truck the whole time. 2013 Black Pete 386. They have been asking and asking to get it back, lol. Well, they said get it up here and we'll get you in a company truck. Forgot to ask when! Lol. Yes, I need to run harder as an owner op, but half of my time out was on a regional fleet. I loved that. The money was right and the runs we're mostly short. I was just going to go over some numbers and jump in a co. Truck and go home. Well, the numbers seemed a little better than what I was predicting and I gave it a night. Woke up, got my truck inspected and shined and hit up o/o. Yes, I did some soul searching on the APU and if I can keep doing what I have been with the bunk heater plus pick up some warmer blankets maybe it will not be too bad. I've had a tent in snow before so it can't be that bad! Right now there is snow all over the lots in West Valley an I'm hoping to hit the road tomorrow. Still going home this week so it will probably be my first (hopefully last) negative paycheck. Then I am running all the way to New Years to see how hard I can push. I welcome any and all advice. Right now I am focusing on maximizing fuel economy and time management. Oh, and praying, lol. Thanks for all the support and I will keep you updated on my progress. May slack off in the posting because I have a serious education to obtain on making this business work!!

mama mia and Lady K Thank this.
  5. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Oh, btw. I ran that new truck enough to get it on the used side. So, that along with knowing who has been driving it were some pretty sweet perks. No accelerated payments but now she's my responsibility. Think I'll name her Lynn.

Lady K Thanks this.
  6. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Don't name 'er. When you name something it dies. You should have at least a week without fixed costs (at least I got that) to save you from a negative taking hometime.

mama mia Thanks this.
  7. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    Electra, you can look back and read a lot more, but we did a lot of research and chose Central. Overall I would do it again. I might make a few different decisions, but the one that really involves Central was listening to my gut about not leaving Grand Prairie (then Lex wouldn't have gotten dusted) and doing all we could to get on Dole sooner. We had an overall positive experience, and I realize a couple going through this journey is far different from a solo, but sadly that is the only perspective I can give. Be real about what you are facing. Plan things out with the realistic information that has been provided on here several times, pray (at least that is what I do), decide, and don't look in the rear-view mirror of life (but always check your mirrors in the truck). There are times I think "what-if" and that is human nature, but my bullheaded self decided on a road, so no turning back now. I look for the positive but am realistic about what is going on internally. Now you have my two cents worth. With that and a couple of bucks you can get a cup of coffee. Lol

8. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    That's great advice right there.

Whats so great about dole? I've been told its the hardest fleet to get on, so I assume there's a good reason. If I hadn't seen a couple central trucks marked dole i'd've never known we had a dole fleet.

9. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    One word on Dole explains it all, Ken, the DM. He is great. He treats you like a person, not a number. We hated leaving him.

Lady K Thanks this.
  10. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    A good dm makes a world of difference. The best one I had so far a Rodger on Kraft west. Unfortunately I was just there for training.

11. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    you pay for the apu. and when you leave the truck. the apu stays.

i don't think i've seen anyone actually get there apu's off. or even transfered to another truck. yall might correct me if i'm wrong though.

it's also an added maintanance expense. that seems to break down a LOT

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.