Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Frequently the shortest route. Faster travel over a long distance means less start and stop. Accelerating to 60mph at 70k gross takes nearly 2 miles worth of extra fuel. add 2 miles (of fuel) for every red light you're gonna hit and it doesn't look so short. Thats not to mention the cost of idling at the light.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    280 at ten hours, sounds like my trek across 70 the other day 60 mph is much better than 28! Especially since you're either stopping and going, climbing hills, or pushing it in one helluva large schools zone.

4. Arkansas Frost

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Umm, dude, I left Saturday it was still snowing. And there was a chain law in effect past 9 am about mm178 I-70E in CO Sunday morning though I think we would have been fine drivin without them. Funnnn times. 800 miles in two days. Then I rocked out 669 today. I do believe that's the farthest I've been able to go in a day.

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    you've got the stop and go.

the steep passes that take forever to climb.

and let's not forget longer engine run time.

6. Arkansas Frost

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Here's a question. As an L/O you will probably generate over 100K a year that you never see. So why do you need permission to bobtail 2 hours home?!

7. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I wasn't aware you did. And that would be my story if ever I was reprimanded for doing so.

8. Arkansas Frost

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Yeah, was my knee jerk reaction but now I know and they know I know. Soooo, my next question is going to be about detention pay for just sitting around.

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    you're a lease op. that says it all.

you don't own the truck. and never will. central will always have full control of your truck.

10. Arkansas Frost

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    I get that. As a full grown man with a fall back plan I signed knowin the risks and accepting the responsibility. I believe the majority of people fail because they have no idea what goes into succeeding. I'm as bull-headed as they come and I'm giving it all I've got. I will be the first to say you told me so if it doesn't work out. I'm not in it for the truck either, although if I don't train I may just keep it. But today, IT'S HD TIME!!! :)

11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

You don't need permission... Just do it, then call safety and have them change it... When you are not under load, and not dispatched to a load, that tractor is your private vehicle. They can argue that it's company policy the two hour limit on line 5, but there is no limit noted in the FMCSA regulations... We've checked!!

Arkansas Frost and mama mia Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.