Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    I would recommend it, just know they will want you to lease. If you don't want to let them know and you will be, mostly, left alone. My problem was that I told them I was thinking about it. I have friends who went through school with me, still running company making 800-1000/week and they get a week of paid time off. If I decide to take a week off it costs me $925.
    From what I can tell Central is one of the better starter companies, this is all hearsay and most people will bash their company. I chose them because the only negitive thing I could find about them was "Don't do the lease!" so that seemed fairly logical to me.
    Hope that helped.

cyn1123 and Electra-glide Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PSUMoose

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    My trainer had an old APU that he said he had bought new and moved to his 3 trucks. It costs about $3k to transfer (according to him)

4. PSUMoose

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    I would guess the shortest route burns more fuel, probably a lot of small towns and stop lights.
    One tip I was reminded about today, check for tolls on your route. The 2 mile savings my GPS gave me was not worth the $22 toll.
    Also a note I was not driving. I said and I quote. "Ok I'm going to correct your test, in about 5 miles take the 405 to I5. The GPS will try to put you on 73." Next thing I know I hear "Moose, there is a toll booth!" (No I don't have my students call me Moose, but I like my privacy)

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  5. Punky74

Punky74 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Arizona
    Can somebody explain to me how a company regulates how fuel stops work? I assumed you can stop wherever to get fuel, but then I read there are designated fuel stops the company gives you on a route. Is this true? After doing much research about trucking it seems that this industry is way over regulated! What's next? Are they going to tell you when you can pee? Lol

6. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    The company tells drivers who work for them where to buy fuel. If you had a company and were buyin thousands of gallons of fuel a day don't you think you'd tell your drivers to buy it at the cheapest stops? Example: if you're in CA and can make it to OR before you fuel that could save you $60. It's their money, so it's their call.

P.S. this is not a regulation.

Arkansas Frost and Lady K Thank this.
  7. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    The company uses fuel optimization software. As a company driver you have to fight with them for things like fill to only half (for weight), etc. As a lease op you fuel where you choose. If you make it to true owner op you buy the cheapest fuel after you take out the fuel tax in that state. We have paid less in IFTA that way in three months than we did in a week at Central. As a lease op at Central buy the cheapest pump price because they take the 1.1 cpm (or whatever it is if you follow their dumb calculation which never worked out for me).

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Fuel&Permits will now send/email you a spreadsheet with the daily fuel prices (excluding weekends) so as a L/O you can see where the best discount is for the route are taking...

mama mia Thanks this.
  9. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    I got the call today that my application has been accepted and I'll be heading to school November 26th. Anyone have any advice? Things you did that wish you didn't or vice versa or things you brought or didn't that would have helped? Thanks.

10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i wish i never became a trucker.

RizenPhoenix Thanks this.
  11. Punky74

Punky74 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Arizona
    Why do you say that snowwy?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.