Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    What does company policy say? Back 20 years ago when I drove for KLLM they had a company policy that declared when we were "relieved of duty."

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keithl

keithl Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Wondering if there's any paid cell training for someone that has a deferred adjudication felony from 7 yrs ago. Any help is greatly appreciated

4. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    If I'm in my sleeper, I'm logging line 2. I'm checking Facebook, posting on ttr, watching YouTube vids et cetera. I must be relieved of duty to be doing all that.

I got a level 3 today. my line 1/2 time was no issue. All that was checked was a day with over 11 hours driving to be sure there was the requisit break.

Isnt what dot thinks of it what really matters anyways? That's why we keep a book.

anj8488 and Arkansas Frost Thank this.
  5. Firebirds71

Firebirds71 Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2010
    After checking in and bumping the dock I always went to line 2, you kill your hours if you don't. The only time I stayed on duty was if I was required to be on the dock.

Arkansas Frost and anj8488 Thank this.
  6. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    It may have changed in three years, but one of the pieces of paper we signed was relieving us of duty while at a shipper unless we are physically unloading it or watching it being loaded. The only worthless place either of us had to watch the trailer get loaded was at a port in NJ, and the union workers there took two hours to load ten pallets.

biggbowler and Arkansas Frost Thank this.
  7. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    The wording of On duty was changed as of this past Febuary or so. If you are at a shipper and not working, you can be off duty. If you are in your sleeper, then you are in your sleeper. Nothing in that rule says that you have to be sleeping. You can log that way now and they cannot do anything about it, so long as they cannot prove that you worked or moved that truck.

Arkansas Frost and mama mia Thank this.
  8. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Ok, this is a copy of the actual question on the new rules from the FMCSA site.

(1) If a driver spends time waiting to be loaded or unloaded resting or conducting personal business, can the driver log it as off duty?
    The changes to the definition do not alter the existing parts of the definition that define, as on duty, “(5) All time loading or unloading a commercial motor vehicle, supervising, or assisting in the loading or unloading, attending a commercial motor vehicle being loaded or unloaded, remaining in readiness to operate the commercial motor vehicle, or in giving or receiving receipts for shipments loaded or unloaded.” Unless a driver is released from all responsibility for the vehicle while waiting to be loaded or unloaded, time spent waiting is still considered on-duty time. [SIZE=-2]Revised on February 13, 2012.[/SIZE]

They also say that you can sit there forever if you are not responsible for the loading or unloading. So if you are in a parked motor vehicle, and in the sleeper, it does not matter if you are at a dock. As long as you are relieved from duty.

mama mia Thanks this.
  9. Punky74

Punky74 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Arizona
    Just wanted to say happy thanksgiving weekend to all you guys who are out there away from the family. Thanks for doing the job that the rest of rely on for our goods.

On a desperate note- is "class a recruiting" a truck company? It says it is, but the title seems a bit different. It says it allows DUI's less than 5 years old. Mine is 4.5 years old. I still want to work for central, but I so want to get trucking and I hate that I have to wait 6 more months before I can apply with central. Maybe I'm better off waiting for central?

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  10. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    On Greyhound layover in KC, MO. I'm gonna be on a bus trip for 27 hours...I'm gonna be tired I think. I hope I recover well for classes in SLC Monday morning. And, I hope I didn't forget anything. :)

11. Punky74

Punky74 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Arizona
    Hi doulos! Just wZnted to wish you the best in training. Keep us posted. I want to see how the training goes and your experience.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.