Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Punky74

Punky74 Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Arizona
    Doulos, If I were you I would try to get in touch with someone who has more authority at Central regarding this issue. Maybe Emily's supervisor or something? One of the biggest frustrations I have had with the research I have done is that one person will tell you one thing and another person will tell you something completely different. Not sure it helps, but maybe give it a try?

Lady K Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dirtycurty26

dirtycurty26 Bobtail Member

May 16, 2010
    delhi,ca
    soo.....im just wondering mostly just for the hell of it is there a way to buyout your lease early, of course i know it would but really expensive but just being curious. anyone every heard of such a thing?

4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    don't jknow about such a thing. but why bother.

you can buy another truck for about 20G cheaper from a dealer. then paying off the lease.

5. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    Section 18 of your lease explains that you can purchase your truck at the end of your lease and that you can request to terminate the lease at any time in order to do so.

6. PSUMoose

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    Section 18 of your lease explains that you can purchase your truck at the end of your lease and that you can request to terminate the lease at any time in order to do so. But Central has to approve it and they can tack on a 10% early termination fee.

dirtycurty26 Thanks this.
  7. PSUMoose

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    Doulos I would not put the recruiters down for trearchy just yet. Most are young and just reading from a script. Omar has been doing it for 15 years and seems to know his stuff.

8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

cut and pasted from here and colored type is my doing and italics is my input...

Why is this medication prescribed?

Tramadol is used to relieve moderate to moderately severe pain. Tramadol extended-release tablets are only used by people who are expected to need medication to relieve pain around-the-clock for a long time. Tramadol is in a class of medications called opiate agonists. It works by changing the way the body senses

A few things hit me here... And maybe this is what she saw if she looked it up... The level of pain it is prescribed for... If you are having this much pain now, what happens if you get injured? How could they differentiate between the pain you have now and any pain from an injury? Also the WORD opiate. True it is an opiate agonist, but you get the same effects from it as you do a true opiate... Hence the pain control.

How should this medicine be used?

Tramadol comes as a tablet and an extended-release (long-acting) tablet to take by mouth. The regular tablet is usually taken with or without food every 4-6 hours as needed. The extended-release tablet should be taken once a day. Take the extended-release tablet at about the same time of day every day, and either always take it with food or always take it without food. Take tramadol exactly as directed. Do not take more medication as a single dose or take more doses per day than prescribed by your doctor. Taking more tramadol than prescribed by your doctor may cause serious side effects or death.

Your doctor may start you on a low dose of tramadol and gradually increase the amount of medication you take, not more often than every 3 days if you are taking the regular tablets or every 5 days if you are taking the extended-release tablets.

Swallow the extended-release tablets whole; do not split, chew, or crush them. Do not snort (inhale powder from crushed tablet) or inject the dissolved extended-release tablets. Taking this medication in a way that is not recommended may cause serious side effects or death.

Tramadol can be habit-forming. Do not take a larger dose, take it more often, or take it for a longer period of time than prescribed by your doctor. Call your doctor if you find that you want to take extra medication or if you notice any other unusual changes in your behavior or mood.

YES it can be habit forming!! Since it acts as an opiate, plays with the endorphins... Yep, it CAN be addictive.

Do not stop taking tramadol without talking to your doctor. Your doctor will probably decrease your dose gradually. If you suddenly stop taking tramadol you may experience withdrawal symptoms such as nervousness; panic; sweating; difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep; runny nose, sneezing, or cough; numbness, pain, burning, or tingling in your hands or feet; hair standing on end; chills; nausea; uncontrollable shaking of a part of your body; diarrhea; or rarely, hallucinations (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist).

Ah... Yeah... Not saying you would just stop taking the meds, but some of these would change your driving ability... Best to be off of it first...

Also a question I would have is how, and would, it show up on a drug test? IF it showed up as an opiate, how could you tell if you were taking a narcotic or Tramadol?

lextec Thanks this.
  9. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Opiates are narcotics. If its not banned by dot, it has to be pretty mild. With the way dot operates my policy is if its ok with them it must be ok. As far as being addictive, that shouldn't be a concern. I challenge any smoker to try to drive without smokes for a few days. I recently took a trip from Ocala to st. Petersburg and back with no nicotine. When we hit traffic on the way back I was ready to throw my crying niece out of the car.

So if loosing your nicotine affects your driving (and it does) than habit forming substances shouldn't have a blanket ban.

jess-juju Thanks this.
  10. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    Tramadol was prescribed for my arthritis. Of all the things I've tried it is the only thing that has really helped. Yes, it can be addicting and also have detrimental effects for driving. But, like many drugs with this type of effect it isn't universal. Just as the DOT advises, if you are going to take a medication (even over the counter) that can potentially effect your driving then you shouldn't drive when taking it unless you've taken it before and know how it affects you.

Tramadol never made me drowsy or impaired me in any way and I've taken it many times. Addiction isn't a concern the way I take it, which is not on a daily basis but only as needed. So, I don't often take it for more than a day at a time and can go weeks at times without needing to take it at all. But, if it will effect my career as a driver by limiting who I can drive for, I'll deal with the pain. The only bad thing is I won't sleep as well on bad days.

If my situation deteriorates I'll re-evaluate. But, until then I'll try searching out another med with my doc.

11. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    Tramadol is not an opiate, but it is an opioid like drug. It binds to the same receptors as opioids (the opioid receptors). I took it the day of my drug test and from what they were telling me they were ready to turn my packet in and get me started, which I don't think would have happened if I failed the drug test. However, this doesn't mean that Tramadol can't show up on a drug test, but it makes a difference what kind of drug test is given. If the DOT were to give an expanded test for some reason, they would be able to determine that it was specifically Tramadol that caused the positive and as long as its prescribed they wouldn't have a problem with it. Central on the other hand would.

I know how to follow rules even when I don't like them. That was never the issue. The problem was the way in which Emily (the Compliance Officer, not recruiter) treated me when I called for more info and to clear up the misinformation they gave me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.