Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I've got nothing. No light, no fan, nothing, but at least now I know where the fuse is; I've asked and never got that info. Thanks samadronia!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diner Man

Diner Man Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Orem, UT
    Hey Moose - I'm in Portland at the moment, I came through the Blues Sat. 12/15 and could see the storm brewing in the Portland area. I had to stop in Stanfield (outside Pendleton) form my 10...when I started rolling again 0400, I heard chains were required over the Blues. Been raining a lot 12/16 and very windy last night/early morning 12/17. I hear the storm is widespread and travel will be interesting through Wed. Drive Safe.

4. Diner Man

Sep 21, 2012
    Orem, UT
    Not sure what type of bunk heater I have (in 2012 Volvo), but mine didn't work for awhile either...though it did turn on and blow...just cold air. Went through 'some' of the same steps as Smadronia only I did the battery shutoff...several times with no luck. The Henderson yard fixed it for me - the fuel line came lose so the htr wasn't getting any fuel. Fixed now and am glad I don't have to idle.

5. Diner Man

Sep 21, 2012
    Orem, UT
    Question...so at what point, and how, do I go about getting a different DM. Yes, I know, I'm still a newbie but I also wasn't born yesterday and I do know how to work. My philosophy...just get the job done without delay - don't waste time doing it. So, I communicate constantly, send in the appropriate macs to update eta and availability...still, I feel my current DM is treating me like a punk kid that needs to learn a lesson or two. Have been ontime for loads, have requested drops...but have ended up sitting for 54 hrs...yes, 54 hrs in Richmond, VA, another 36 during a load because I couldn't get a drop, and currently about another 48 here in Portland...with a puny 27 mile local run to break up the 48. Who do I talk to...though I did just send an email to some of the people I know in Trng dept and Driver Services. First 2 weeks out were 2,500 and 2,700 miles - not bad but still sat around a bit - last 2 weeks before this week...1,100 and 1,200 miles - need another DM that will help me out as I help them out...to which I don't mind taking my fair share of the small runs and even local runs.

6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Which terminal? Start with the terminal manager... Before Carl had a new position, we went to him... Of course he is now doing 'driver relations' so he might still be the one to go to.

7. Diner Man

Sep 21, 2012
    Orem, UT
    Thanks Lady K - I'm out of West Valley...the only people I really know there are some of the instructors (since I did the school there), Gary (over training) and Jeff (Driver Services) - I don't know who the terminal manager is so don't really know who to contact. Thanks Again.

8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Try calling 'Driver Services'... If that's the wrong place, they can at least tell you who to talk to...

Diner Man Thanks this.
  9. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Call Jerry Moyes and tell him to call his daughter and have her tell her husband to get Centrals act together!!!

On second thought, that didnt work for me....

BucKnife, jess-juju and Arkansas Frost Thank this.
  10. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    You don't really need a new dm. If you've told your dm you need more miles and aren't getting them talk to the terminal manager or driver services. I had this same problem early on, called Carl, and never slowed down after that. Getting a new dm is a roll of the dice.

Dont get discouraged; we've all been there. Whether or not you succeed has to do with how you handle it. In fact, I think handling it in this manner is better than getting a new dm because it shows your willingness to work through problems with the people you work with rather than giving up and asking for someone new.

Good luck diner man.

Diner Man Thanks this.
  11. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Also, the higher ups don't like to answer phones, but be sure to leave a message and follow up if you can't get anyone.

Diner Man and Arkansas Frost Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.