Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    the trainers are independent contractors but they are be compensated by central to train their employees which ulitmially makes central responsable.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 1badz28

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    all the training companys have a throw the employee away mentality. theres too many people beating their doors down to take your place.

4. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Central is compensated by shippers to move freight, but central is ultimately responsible for the freight. The sexual harassment was perpetrated by a non-employee. I suppose the plaintiff could say that central made them go there, but it's probably gonna come down to who has the better lawyer.

5. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    Then sooner or later it will bite them in the behind.

6. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    This "non-employee" is specifically charged with training Central's employee by Central. They clearly are responsible for the actions of the trainer. They could mitigate some of that responsibility as I said, but that would have required Central to first concern themselves with the well being of their trainee and address those needs with the trainer.

7. 1badz28

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    too bad johhny cochran is dead or this girl would be RICH!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    I bet there was more going on in that case than what was reported. I mean how do you get kicked off of two seperate trainer's trucks in the first place? If half the suits I've heard of are accurate we all have a raise or two coming! Wish they'd hurry we only have one day left... ;)

9. Firebirds71

Firebirds71 Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2010
    As a result of the district court ruling recently that determines that centrals lease drivers are in fact employees of central refrigerated, the company is on the hook for the actions of its trainers and are ultimately responsible.

10. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    Wow I've missed a lot. Crazy weather on 97& I5 today I saw the side of my trailer a couple times and watched a trailer blow over in front of me. The driver was ok. Not looking forward to going back in the morning, but at least I have some weight now.
    On the sexual harassment I have a friend who's trainer did a very similar thing and she got a good chunk of money. Don't know how much, but she has not worked in the last year or so.

11. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    So I5 is closed. Going to eastern WA so I'm thinking 80 to 95 any thoughts

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.