Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PSUMoose

PSUMoose Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Tieton, WA
    So newbie 7 could not cut it as a trucker. Just gave him back to his wife who could not handel him being gone. Too bad he would have made a good truck driver. Anyone else in wvc?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    He still has a license and can get a local driving job.
    That is one of the good things about the situation. You have a license before you ever go near a trainer. So according to state and federal rules, you are as qualified as anyone else on the road.
    All he has to do is shop around with local concrete, lumber, and other construction type jobs and he will find a job in early spring no matter where he lives. If he tries hard and presents himself as a worker.
    Some of the company's try to act like they can have your license taken away for not paying the school fee's. That is not true either. That license is yours. The company has no power over it.
    And local work really is easy to find in almost any part of the country. May be seasonal and will not pay as much as you can make OTR. But anyone that can drive and is a worker can find work driving in construction. May only be 8-14 bucks per hour. But it is there.

4. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    I don't think I'd drive a nail for $8/hr! But that's why I'm still out here even on the worst of days. Feels like I'm going through manopause. My joints hurt, my head is pounding, and I just wanna go home. But... I won't. Stubbornness has gotten me through everything else life threw at me. I have a house, a Harley, and a pretty sweet t.v. W/DVD for this money pit of a truck I drive. God bless America!! 2013, treat me right! ;)

5. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    You get paid for the miles you drive, so if it's a 1500 mile load, and you hand it off to another driver after going 1000 miles, then you get paid for the 1000 miles you covered, and the other driver gets the 500, plus any delivery bonus we might have.

Unless you screw up the load, repowers won't directly count against you. If the load has to be repowered because you did something that kept it from getting there on time (refused to pick up one time, sat in one place too long) then they may pin a service failure on you. It all depends on the load though. If it's mechanical failure or weather, there's not much anyone can do. I picked up a load Friday morning that almost didn't make it because the driver broke down, and then the weather turned to crap.

If your load is repowered, you're at the mercy of where you are, and what the other driver is hauling. Sometimes you swap loads, and you take their load wherever it was going. Other times, if they're empty, then you'll be waiting until they can find a load. Sometimes that's an hour, sometimes that's a day or two. If you're in a remote part of the US, you'll be sitting longer.

Contrail and Lady K Thank this.
  6. allchevys11

allchevys11 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2010
    patterson ca
    i was just curious if anybody else added up there mileage for the year after going over all my notes from loads from the year i ran 148,500 give or take a couple maybe was anybody else around there just curious

7. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Sitting at crsco waiting for that qualcom harness to be installed, and waiting to get some hours back. I really wish I didn't have to sit here though, terminals are my least favorite places,

8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

How long are you going to be there... We will be in CO tomorrow...

9. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    hoping to get something picking up tomorrow morning, but no pset yet. DM doesnt get in until 0700 mst

10. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Well if you're still there in the afternoon, we'll treat you to a cup of Joe :)

11. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Passion and LadyK, I've just got to say it again...

Colorado is a beautiful state with a lot of nice scenery and mountains. Please don't judge our entire state just on the Henderson yard.

P.S. Pack a lunch, because there is no place within walking distance to grab a bite.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.