Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rookie Trainer 2

Rookie Trainer 2 Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2012

First off,I never called you a liar on this forum or anywhere else..If you can find that post then put it up here..Otherwise,I don't know what to tell you ,Driver. Except that perhaps,your either hyper sensitive,or you really are a liar.I'm thinking you may have mis-understood another post I had directed at some other driver who thought he was gonna tell me what time of day it was..In any case,I never called you a liar.

About your accident,you know you hit it,you've admitted it..What originally got the supertruckers going was me actually suggesting the accident may have been preventable..I know, what a horrible,mean spirited slur..(rolls eyes)

It's not really that important to me one way or the other..You yourself said it could have been prevented by a getting out..We seem to agree on that..

Hopefully another driver will read what happened to you and they'll take steps to avoid the same outcome..I don't agree with the idea that we should never talk about accidents..It's not voodoo to discuss them.It might just help remind us all how quickly things can happen if we let our guard down.

Just the same,Driver..Sorry for your trouble.Hopefully you'll find something that will work out for you soon..

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rookie Trainer 2

Feb 9, 2012
    Yep,you sure did.Must have had you confused with the other drivers who were telling stories about the wreckage they've left in their wake,that wasn't their fault..

I apologize for that..

Glad to help..Thanks for a reasoned,rational reply..Seems to be in short supply on this board where half the drivers here are so readily offended..

4. Rookie Trainer 2

Feb 9, 2012
    No,it's not supposed to go unspoken..We talk about what happened and what steps we can do to prevent it from happening again.It's callled learning from mistakes.How are people supposed to learn from them if they are not discussed?

5. jjranch

jjranch Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Shelbyville, TN
    No what you don't get is we know what accident happened how it happened but chose not to point it out to him like you did pouring salt into an open would if anyone is a supertrucker it is you who comes on here thinking you know it all and buddy you really don't jack.

6. Rookie Trainer 2

Feb 9, 2012
    Yes,on a trucking board,pointing out how accidents happen and how they can be prevented is a good topic for discussion..It's not pouring salt on a wound if they can prevent someone else from getting hurt or losing their jobs..

I do know that much..Apparently you forgot it, or just choose to ignore it..

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I'M A SUPER TRUCKER.

stop talking smack about me.

sesstexas Thanks this.
  8. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Celtic, the good news is, you're a new driver. The bad news is, you're a new driver! I don't care who you are, we have all had close calls, near misses, brushes, nicks, dents, scratches, etc... If you haven't then yes, you are a supertrucker and that term has nothing to do with your driving skills!

Celtic unfortunately you racked up a few in a short amount of time. Sometimes buddy no matter how careful you are, crap happens! Sometimes being too careful can lead to crap happening! You are human, you make mistakes. There are many things you can do to limit those mistakes but regardless, will still happen from time to time. If the road was covered in snow and the boulder was under the snow it still would have been a preventable.

Just to sum it up for those skim reading, Celtic made a few too many booboo's in a short time span. Completely his fault? Technically yes. No one else was driving and the boulder wasn't walking around. However, there were a lot of other factors involved making the odds much greater against him.

Whatever the situation was, you learned your lesson and won't do it again! You put in your year at Central and its time to move on. Everything happens for a reason. Most mega's are not going to hire you but here is your opportunity to move on to a smaller company now that you have experience and have put in your year otr. Going to be a little tougher on you because Central puts those preventables on your DAC. Believe it or not, it maybe easier getting a local gig than an otr job. Most local companies don't check your DAC. Different companies have different rules when it comes to preventables and how long they last.

Whatever your choice, good luck man! Hope you keep on posting and if you need anything holler!

Rookie Trainer 2 Thanks this.
  9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    so, should we start calling the rookie a super trucker. cuz apparently he's never made mistakes.

HE'S PERRRRRRFECT.

Klingon Thanks this.
  10. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
  11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Well we were at the SLC yard yesterday and waved at the new students... We were the couple wearing the neon yellow reflective jackets :biggrin_2556:

Rookie Trainer 2 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.