Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Their loads are frequently quite cold, or extremely hot. You end up on one load with an extra 30 hours on it, then rush to a load with 30 extra minutes on it. I have a friend on this fleet and that's how he tells it; ymmv.

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I use Verizon, and as someone else mentioned there is no real easy (i.e. super affordable) way to access the internet out on the road... well decent internet at least. Truck stops offer WiFi, but its pricey and slow. I used 18GB this month, which does include daily Pandora use. My bill will be right around $200 this month, which I don't think is too bad once you consider I'm getting a phone, music, internet and cable for that price.

I want to start using Netflix, but honestly I'm terrified what my data usage will look like then haha.

As for weather? I use the weather channel app. I can search for my location, and it also comes with a radar feature that shows the entire United States. I simply zoom to the area I am going to be traveling in. Has been really helpful in providing forecasts for an area that I know I'm headed to.

Buckeye91 Thanks this.
  4. Aaron Stewart

Aaron Stewart Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Bakersfield, CA
    My trainers Tim and Deb Shallenberger are in that Utah driving championship deal.

I'm not one week into my local bottom dump career. Aside from having to get up at 3am half the time it's going well.

5. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I'm sitting at amcharl. 5 of the 8 trucks waiting on loads are central. I'm hoping this means the perfect storm that was leading to 32-3400 miles a week is redeveloping. Amcharl was the start of it all.

6. Ice Train

Ice Train Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Harkers Island NC
    im on verizon but I have an old plan with unlimited data. Netflix when running on 4g will eat up about 1.5 to 2 gigs for every hr of stream. Most of Verizon's phones can be switched to run the web on only 3G this will save you about half or more on your data. I've discovered that the 3G is almost as fast as 4G in most places. You may have to start a show or movie then pause it for a few minutes to let the buffer get ahead but it'll be worth it in the long run.

7. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    Yeah, no one will even talk to me about dedicated yet since I'm only at 3 months. I really don't like that because I'm a planner. I like to weigh my options over a considerable time and research and crunch nhmbers as I can get them. Besides, I think they want me where I am for now.

One good thing, after a driver accidently took my Newly Weds load out of Chicago and messed up my following presets and also ruinining furtheran already bad week, they seem to be going out of their way to get me some miles.I think I'll have over 3k miles as a "regional" driver this week.

8. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Chicago is the land of bad luck. In the past month I've had one overweight, one stolen out of bbdy by another driver, and one over kp for ga.

9. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    18 gigs, ouch, what plan did you choose? or do you change it each month based on how much you are using throughout the month.

I dont want netflix as much as I want to play my xbox lol

10. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    Right now I'm using ATT. It's a little cheaper than Verizon with comparable coverage. I'm using 10 GB per month but I could use double that easy. I watched a movie on Netflix and it used well over a Gig. I'm not doing that on my plan anymore. :) I've been thinking about it and I think the cheapest way to extend my data would be with a data only plan. Its much cheaper than adding data to a voice/data plan. Then I'd even have the option of another carrier since ATT and Verizon have the best coverage but are more expensive. I already have good coverage for when I need it, but more often than not another carrier's coverage would work. So Icould get a wireless router like a mifi and use it when I can. At home we use Sprint and its an unlimited plan.

11. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    i always double check my trailers now because of the fear of taking a wrong one out. i did that once thank god the security guard checked it before i left. it would of been horrible. so i double check each trailer number before i leave.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.