Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    I guess I have never noticed the atm fee because my bank refunds them, up to thirty five dollars a month. Also for food get a 12v cooler and hit up a walmart from time to time. Plenty of them allow truck parking and the ones off the interstate aren't too tricky to get in to.

It saves me a bunch having lunch meats and various stuff in the cooler, and makes shutting down at a rest area all the more easier.

unloader

Buckeye91, Arkansas Frost and Lady K Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D1-2c

D1-2c Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Marietta ga
    First load completed dropped it in Ohio. I can truly say I enjoy this job. I have only been on the road for two days so far so good. I'm currently waiting on a load from Conway. It want be ready until 930 tonight. May trainer will start driving now.

4. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    a lot do regional. try it first and see how you like it. i did it . its quick stops and you can sneak hometime in if your smart about it. and you can prob work with your dm get good miles and still be home on weekends. chris is a cool dm but i dont know how he is on weekend hometime each week

5. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Yeah. Marshall told me every other weekend was doable. right now I want to run out a month at a time so I can get some money in the savings. so I'm hoping I can get some more miles if I stay out longer.

6. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    It might be the tall beer I just drank but I really look forward to checking this forum! Some of you guys are just awesome and I would not have learned what I've learned without ya. Central Refrigerated, WOOOOHHH!! Lol, jk

Lady K, Stroker73 and Treputt Thank this.
  7. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    It's all about what you're into. I'm into running and making money, and these loads do neither for me. Especially as a lease op you can't be running 3-400 miles a day and expect to stay in the black, at least not as compared to what I could make back home. When a load only pays $300 your fixed cost and scale start to add up to much higher portion of your revenue. I had a talk with my dm this morning to gtfo of Illinois finally. It's a nice place and all, but its time to go make some foldin' money.

Arkansas Frost and Buckeye91 Thank this.
  8. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    Actually, the creation lf a vortex causes the air to travel in more of a straight line in relation to the object. This is why it helps planes with lift. Some air is usually buffetec away from the air foil by the leading edge of the wing. The vortex generators allow that air to be chanelled in more of a straight line which keeps it closer to the wing.

The same thing applies to the truck. The turbulance that goes on in the gap between the truck and trailer is abated by causing the air to flow in more of a straight line past the gap. The science makes sense and I'm sure that just about any configuration would see some kind of improvement. The question is, would that improvement be large enough to be worth it or even large enough to be measured in a real application?

9. Doulos

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    Actually, the creation lf a vortex causes the air to travel in more of a straight line in relation to the object. This is why it helps planes with lift. Some air is usually buffetec away from the air foil by the leading edge of the wing. The vortex generators allow that air to be chanelled in more of a straight line which keeps it closer to the wing.

The same thing applies to the truck. The turbulance that goes on in the gap between the truck and trailer is abated by causing the air to flow in more of a straight line past the gap. The science makes sense and I'm sure that just about any configuration would see some kind of improvement. The question is, would that improvement be large enough to be worth it or even large enough to be measured in a real application?

10. Doulos

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    Midwest regional is ok when first starting out. You will make more money than at .28 cents a mile otr. But, its a lot more work, again lots of good practice for when your new. But, the loads are planned too close sometimes, so you will have some late deliveries (I hated that.). Not a bad short term gig, but I wouldn't do it long term. And, I got by my house more often otr than on regional. If it had been more often I would have had cause to stay longer.

Buckeye91 Thanks this.
  11. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL

I'm not an expert on vortices, but thinking of how they are used that doesn't make sense. According to my research a vortex will delay flow separation, which would support my theory. The top of a wing, especially on a light aircraft is very curved. If the air traveled in a straight line relative to the point at which the VG was located it would be traveling away from the wing, reducing lift, creating turbulence, and reducing airflow over the control surfaces. In the case of cars it would create a low pressure area behind the back glass creating more drag and reducing flow over the spoiler (I've only seen them used in sports cars with spoilers).

Not trying to call you out and say you're wrong, because as I said I'm no expert, but I'd be interested in where you learned about VG's to see who's data I believe more.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.