Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stroker73

Stroker73 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    I went through dc last July before starting my current gig. Went through southbound in middle of day, lots of construction but kept moving at a pretty decent pace while the northbound side was gridlocked. Didn't come down from ny though and it's now a year later so for what it's worth, that's my two cents.:biggrin_2552:

personally, I like the earlier post about parking in a swift lot nearby and catch the next flight home. Nobody including you is going to remember the loads you hauled so you could drive back home. Just that you were not there for the funeral. In years to come, missing that will grind on you. Crap you are dealing with right now is why I do what I do now. I am never more than a 7 hour drive from home and only one hour away every other day.
    Sorry for your loss buddy. Don't hold back on making a few calls to wvc Monday. If you can still improve your current situation or just get fired the ######### that put you there, it will be worth it.

roadlt and Arkansas Frost Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Ever feel like you're squeezing blood out of a turnip?! I tried to run a tight preset, hit a messed up trailer in a huge lot. Screwed up my 8/2. Thought I could hide at the customer and fix it... Nope small DC and they kicked me out at noon. Had to take a full ten. Missed 2nd 99 and now not sure of last preset which was then only one with over 500 miles. Ugh. Exhausted and knowing what I could have done if I only had a time machine! /: Hello Monday!

4. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Thats the only bad part about doing 8/2s and 2/8s. I always feel like im in a hurry, and rushing. Dont get me wrong, theyre are a so nice to do, I dont think ive done a 10 reset in a week, minus when I sat at KRODE for 20 hrs, so theyre worth it. But man, I feel rushed, all the time, less sleep too.

5. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Anybody know what happened to to the guy with the dropped trailer? I was leaving CRSCO when it happened. The front end hit so hard it folded up the landing gear. The guy said it was a faulty yard dog but why are they moving trailers around with a bad yard dog? Just bein nosy...

6. GoVikings

GoVikings Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Kalama, WA
    Been reading a ton guys and wanted to say thank you for sharing your experiences and knowledge. Talked to a recruiter today. Didn't have a date set because I wasn't aware of which days were an option and still had to chat with the wife. But narrowed it down the the 26th this month as long as everything checks out and they tell me I am good to go. Going to be headed out the the Salt Lake City facility. I'll keep checking here and keep reading, as it is something I enjoy. Again, thank you all.

Arkansas Frost, unloader and Lady K Thank this.
  7. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    Another Washingtonian. I don't work for Swift. :biggrin_2559: But run through Kalama at least twice a week these days on I-5. Good luck with your new adventure.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    GoVikings Thanks this.
  8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Well if anyone is at Conley today from 0900-1430ish - we will be at the 'Safety Meeting'... <Insert sarcastic Woo Hoo here> ... We got done with our unload/load early, and that would have got us home early but NOOOOO... Get to hang out at a terminal <again with the sarcasm> One of our favorite places to be!!

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  9. GoVikings

GoVikings Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Kalama, WA
    Yeah good ol' Kalama. The town that if you blink, you miss it. Thank you very much. I am very excited. I talk again with the recruiter today and hopefully everything is all good to go.

10. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    why are they sending you to SLC and not the school up in Washington State?

11. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Ya.... There and the proctologist's office!
    < NO your not inserting anything... Sarcasm or not>

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.