Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Swift has some policies that control the drivers more than we are here at central, and these are my biggest concern. Besides that, you have that general "massive corporation" feel that tends to take over at large companies. You are our asset, and you do as you're told. I'm not saying central is like a little mom and pop operation where everybody knows your name, but I felt it was kind of in the sweet spot: big enough to keep you loaded in any part of the country but small enough to be able to get someone important on the horn when things aren't going so well. No one really knows what the end result of all this will be, but I doubt we will survive for long as a seperate division with our own set of rules. When the integration happens I expect we will be more like swift rather than them becoming more like us.

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    So I write a big long post about why I don't like the swift take over and why it concerns me and I get flagged for spam. Kind of ironic since part of my post was about tighter control on their drivers.

4. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    There is no special reason your post, or that of nearly anyone, gets sent for moderation, which means it is being reviewed before the members and non members can see it.

It was possibly the lengthy quote that sent it to us first. That is one of many reasons most of us have seen, but we don't know for sure.

smadronia, Arkansas Frost and d o g Thank this.
  5. passion4polishing

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I'll keep the long quotes in mind in future. I just thought it was funny that that post, of all posts, was the one that got flagged.

6. titovee97

titovee97 Bobtail Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Thanks for the response Clayshot and Lady K, very helpful.

Lady K Thanks this.
  7. clayshot

clayshot Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2013
    near Philly, Pa.
    Yeah, for better or worse.
    Kinda like when K-mart bought sears. K-Mart wasn't any better and Sears got worse IMO. I'll reserve judgment and stay positive.

8. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Maybe it's just me. But I'll pull a swift trailer if that means I can have an empty. Just don't make it so I work for swift. I do not want to work for swift. Also I have to agree with the size of central. It's big enough. But not too big. I like it. Someone said swift has stricter rules that control the driver more? Anyone know what some of em are? Kind of curious.

Also. If they do get rid of central and go swift. That means I get out of my contract with payments since I can't pay a company that doesn't exist. Right? Lol

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  9. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    It'll even get us sometimes. Sometimes we have to approve one with a link and if anyone quotes that post we'll have to approve it too. It's like a box of chocolates and a woman in a shoe store. You never know what you are going to get because it can't make up it's mind. But it does a good job with real spam.

smadronia and Arkansas Frost Thank this.
  10. clayshot

clayshot Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2013
    near Philly, Pa.
    I'll pull a trl with square wheels and says ''made by Mattel '' on the side if it makes me money.
    You ain't getting out that easy...lol.

Arkansas Frost and Buckeye91 Thank this.
  11. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    i hope nothing changes. i like my dm. and i would hate to have to go otr and lose a local position or hourly pay. all i want now is to hit my 1 year in january so after the 1 year i can lots more just incase something happens where swift takes over big time. probaly wont happen till january anyways. if anything

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.