Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    No clue, but do tell...On the subject of t/s's, I found a good one last week. If you're ever on U.S. 30 in IN, the Grovertown Truck Plaza is a good place to eat. The freshest and best salad bar I've found on the road. I love supporting the mom & pop's anyway, but this one is an old gem.

Arkansas Frost Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    is that the one with the gun shop next door? I'm on us 30 across Indiana every Monday and Friday. I'll have to check it out.

And im im talking about pilot in channahon. Off 57 just south of 80. Man. That place is a pain.

Arkansas Frost and Clyde07 Thank this.
  4. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Does it start with ch and end with arlotte?!

passion4polishing Thanks this.
  5. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    I can name many truck stops worse than minooka. Loves in ormand, fl tends to have a line for fuel out on to the highway, as does the pilot just south of there. The pilot adds insult to injury by having only 6 parking spots. The two pilots just inside NJ on I78 coming from the west are pretty awful. Both are always packed, one has the benefit of having all blindside parking. Closer to home (for you) is ina, il. That loves gets pretty slammed and doesn't stop people from parking in the travel lanes around the ts. 80x6 in Gary, in has been previously mentioned for simaler reasons.
    The list goes on, but Charlotte takes the cake. Super busy, no parking even at 1100 in the morning, the obvious risk of getting stabbed, and for me personally the fact that the one time I shut down there (daytime hours, naturally) I got the call informing me my brother was dead. Minooka isn't all that bad after all.

Clyde07 and Arkansas Frost Thank this.
  6. Clyde07

May 28, 2013
    Yep, there's a gun shop next door.

Buckeye91 Thanks this.
  7. Arkansas Frost

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    In Benton AR, 20 minutes from home! Ugh, running to PA then GA and then hopefully right back here! I lost track of when I left it's been so long! 8 weeks..? I don't know but I'm gettin back on the 4 week plan, lol.

8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Do you have time on this load to 'swing by' the house? When we were OTR we would have taken advantage of being only 20 miles away!

9. Arkansas Frost

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    I could, but it's gonna eat into my make it home time, lol. So quick shower at the pee lot and off we go!! Everybody is at work or school anyway and the dogs will jus get worked up if I stop for five minutes. No worries we're almost done and it's gonna be my best 4 day week ever, lol. Probably beat some of my solid 7 day weeks.

Lady K Thanks this.
  10. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Is that the Marathon west of Plymouth? They use to sell Phillips 66 so I'm not sure if they changed management or not. I stopped back in 2009 and ordered a Meatloaf dinner. After about 30 minutes the waitress brought it out. About my 3rd bite I pulled out a 6 inch hair that weaved through the meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Okay people make mistakes, I pointed it out to the waitress and she took off mad with the plate. I heard her yelling at the cook. The whole restaurant did. :)

About 5-10 minutes later she brought my plate back out. It use to be 2 pieces of meatloaf now cut up into about 6 pieces (missing some) and the mashed potatoes and gravy was stirred around. The plate suffered microwave burn. I looked at it, shook my head, threw down a $1 for my couple sips of tea and walked out. That was the last time I stopped there.

Clyde07, Arkansas Frost and Lady K Thank this.
  11. Clyde07

May 28, 2013
    Not sure if it's the same place or not, but Whew! I can't remember what the fuel brand is now, but I enjoyed the restaurant. I had the salad bar, but saw some great looking plates coming out of the kitchen. Also, the place was packed with locals and that's usually a good sign.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.