Central Refrigerated Truck Stop II

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by celticwolf, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Well hopefully pay is back to normal next week. I've been doing my macros pretty good. Been getting auto dispatched lately. The main thing that's even messing it up is when my dispatcher tried to to an e call or l call for me. Going to have to have a talk with him about that. Lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Also. As of tonight. I've counted about 70 swift trailers at crsro. And it doesn't show any sign of stopping.

4. DFWBozo

DFWBozo Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Hi Central Drivers.

Ive been w/ CRS as a company driver for over 4 yrs and the switch over to Swift has been the worse 13 days of my trucking career!

THE BAD!!!
    -My DM who I have an excellent re pore with NEVER answers his phone now! I haven't talked to him in a week. I cant tell who is answering my QC messages b/c their are no auto signatures on them!
    -As a company driver YOU ARE GETTING LESS TAKE HOME PAY! Because if you want to be in Swift's per diem program you'll give up 1.5 cents on your pay rate!
    -Since the switch over Im now sitting long periods and waiting for a dispatch! After I did my empty call on Sunday 12:15pm I did not get dispatched until 16:40... MONDAY AFTERNOON!!! THAT NEVER HAPPENED WHILE AT CRS!!!
    - I usually liked staying out 4 weeks then going home for 4 days! If you take more then 3 days off at Swift they want you to turn in your truck! Dont know about y'all but my truck is my home!
    - More down time for me means less miles! Have a feeling ill barely get 2200 miles a week with Swift which is unacceptable.

THE OKAY STUFF:
    - I understand the Macros but its a tedious process
    - I understand the fueling. My recommendation: top off your reefer everytime if possible. I like a lot of drivers spent a half a day or more trying to get a fuel stop opened for reefer fuel. Hopefully your DM knows how to do this by now.
    - I also understand the how to get paid part and have no issues with my direct deposit though I had to resend all my info to Swift.

Im trying to get home ASAP so I can start cleaning out my truck and look for another job. Hoping to have something new in place by the end of March!

Good luck CRS drivers! Its been fun! But I just dont see myself growing with Swift.

5. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Wow. If all these drivers on the forum are quitting. I can imagine how many other drivers are leaving. Pretty sad. But this is now swift. So I'm sure there is always someone waiting to fill the seat a guy just left. Just hope we don't start losing customers because of this mess.

6. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Been following your guys' transition to Swift and I feel for y'all. Sounds like a total mess.

That said, I have been waiting to write this post for awhile, I guess the timing is right anyhow.

I was in a lease with Central Ref. I left this lease to pursue a local job that would put me in my bed 7 days a week with weekends off. I was told by the leasing department that two things would happen, 1) I would be placed in default on my lease, which would affect my credit... 2) Lease default would be placed on my DAC.

Additionally I was told one to two weeks of truck payments would be assessed on my lease account.

I got my DAC paperwork in the mail yesterday. No where, and I mean no where does it state a lease default on my report. It says I worked for Central Ref. and that is all.

I received a letter in the mail shortly after quitting that stated my lease default in the amount of $113,000 would be placed on my credit file. Nothing has appeared on my credit report in the last FOUR months. Nada. Zip. Zero.

I had one week of my truck payment deducted from my maintenance account.

I have the paperwork to prove all of this. I feel I was lied to by the leasing dept. to keep me in a lease, and after I left I discovered that their scare tactics were false.

Bottom line. If the SWIFT changeover has been that bad, and you are in a lease, don't let them scare you into staying.

unloader

7. Buckeye91

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    Was at the DMV gettingng my license transferred over when I realized I forgot my dot medical
    card in the truck. Called central to ask for a faxed copy. Was transferred to swift. Spoke to 3 different people at swift. Then told they don't have a copy of it on file. And to call central. Called central again. Explained to them that swift doesn't have a copy of it on file. Got transferred back to swift. Spoke to 4 more people. They couldn't find it. So finally i said screw it. I'll make the 40 mile round trip back to the dmv a second time before I talk to another person. Something so simple. Just sad.

Arkansas Frost and 4noReason Thank this.
  8. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    well dont forget. when you trasnfer your license to IL , IL will give you a class d drivers license. It comes as a shock to almost every driver. so just warning you that you wlll be giving up your cdl and you wont be able to work.

9. passion4polishing

passion4polishing Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Tampa, FL
    Well I shut down on saturday night at crsco for a clutch problem. Crsco didn't look at it until monday afternoon and they gave up and sent me to freightliner in McDonough. Freightliner said they'd have me in tuesday afternoon to check it out, but it's now friday and they're telling me they'll have it in after lunch. Meanwhile no one at central has been willing to help me with a loaner until freightliner has a time estimate. I didn't get paid this week, wont get paid next week, and before my last paycheck I went 14 days between paychecks.

Today is decision day. Check out time here is 1200, so I can't wait for fl to look at my truck to get out of here. I'm loosing $160/day while I'm down. Either I get a loaner or I get a rental car and go home. My old boss upped his offer to $225/day plus $25 per diem and I don't see why I'm not taking that job when I'm literally LOSING money to keep this one.

Sorry that this isn't my usual flowing, grammatically correct work. I'm frustrated beyond all reason by everything that has happened in the past 11 days.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    jomar68, Treputt, Lady K and 1 other person Thank this.
  10. Stroker73

Stroker73 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011

Not really all that surprising given that swift has literally been cleaning out Centrals file cabinets and doing who knows what with the contents. Centrals copy of your medical card is probably in a file box in a warehouse in Phoenix.

11. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Man that totally sucks. My old trainer with Central had a similar issue getting a loaner truck when his truck went into the shop. It was the straw that broke the camels back and he left for Schneider shortly after.

That's really good money your old boss offered you. Hope things work out for you.

unloader

passion4polishing Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.