Central Refrigerated Truck Stop III

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Lady K, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Doulos

Doulos Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    So, as long as you claim your per diem as a deduction on your taxes, you'll get that money back? And, if you do some calculations, I imagine you could probably adjust your deductions so as to account for this and receive it as take home pay.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Stroker73

Stroker73 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011

This is is what I'm talking about. You get one newbie that doesn't remember what was supposed to be taught by the mentor and you get a cascade of errors or a job trying to get someone to fix it. This is crap that another driver should not have to deal with on top of everything else just because someone else isn't doing it right. This stuff JUST SIMPLY NEVER HAPPENED on the Central system. The Swift system ( although people are learning it ) is just to sensitive to errors, ( read error prone ). It does not always know where I am or what load I am doing. As mentioned before, I didn't have time to figure out why it wasn't accepting macros, I was 2 loads into my stack when I got to Grand Island, NE when it stopped accepting anything because it thought I should still be in Boise, ID and would not allow me to do a mac5 cuz I was nowhere near where it thought I should be. I talked to other drivers who described having the exact same problem. So I sent free form macro in detailing itinerary and went to bed, prepared to pu next load in the morning and run it without benefit of proper swift macros. It got fixed overnight so no problem. My point is Centrals system, although sometimes bloated and redundant on a few of the macs were about as close to idiot proof for drivers and dm's as is possible.
    i will give you that current drivers will learn the system, but there is always going to be new crop of upgrades out there screwing things up for the others.

4. ttwjr32

ttwjr32 Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2013
    California
    What has happened to the office in Salt Lake with this changeover? Our most of the people in management in place there?

5. Doulos

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    I know Payroll and Permits are gone, not sure about any others.

6. 14trucker

14trucker Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2014
    I just found out I am pre-hired with Western express (dry van) and C.R. England (reefer) all I have to do is pick one and go to orientation.I'm just now getting back into trucking so I will have to go with one of them for now.My question is which one would be the better company to go with?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  7. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    you know this is central ref neither one of the companies you brought up. so i dont think we can help. maybe someone will chime in

Buckeye91 Thanks this.
  8. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    i dont do macros no more. being local 90% of my loads are split.l so each time i do a macro it says already l-called or t called. so i just stopped. my dm fixes it each day. cant do much. miss the old way

9. Doulos

Oct 26, 2012
    The state of Confusion
    I know nothing about Western Express and what I know about C.R. England is horrendus. Take that for what you may.

14trucker Thanks this.
  10. dfaf

dfaf Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    California
    So I put my truck into the shop in swift terminal in Jonestown PA to get a small air leak checked fixed and now it's on it's way to a dealership with "electrical issues". I'm wondering if they are going to install some extra sensors or recording devices, my truck didn't have any. I could be paranoid, but during the safety class I attended guy, they he mentioned camera's and audio recording...

11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Let us know... Haven't heard anything about that... We have our own dash cam (audio turned off), but that's to cover OUR backsides, not theirs...

dfaf Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.