Central Refrigerated Truck Stop III

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Lady K, Feb 19, 2014.

1. nomadtrucker

nomadtrucker Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I just spoke to Bob in training and he said that he can make this all go away, take off the video requirement, the letter. . . . All of it. I told him that it is too far gone and the rollout of a new system with no training for the trainers, for the drivers, minimal training for the DM's is a formula for failure and he agreed. They are losing trainers and lease drivers (me included) like crazy. As someone said earlier, there are between 40-50 trucks sitting in the Central terminals all over the country as people pull their stuff out and hand in the keys. I have 2 years left on my lease and don't even care about them chasing me for the money, they will never see a penny. I have nothing left in my maintenance account, but they still have about 2,000 from my bond that I will never see so I will call it even and just say buh bye.

I have been in management positions prior to driving and see this rollout as one of the most poorly done that I have ever seen. What a joke.

mje, Auteon, Jarhed1964 and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    I gave it a chance. Didn't work. Shift hasn't even started yet and centwift is already pissing me off.

mje and Auteon Thank this.
  4. Prostar_Central

Prostar_Central Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2013
    Qualcomm: You have one unread IMPORTANT message.
    Begin message text:
    THANK YOU!
    End of message text

mje and Arkansas Frost Thank this.
  5. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    I love those. And I love that people don't seem to catch on that unless they sign the message, we have no idea who's messaging us.

6. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    So, from the previous thread, I finally got paid. They dropped the ball and forgot to pay me, so it was paid out yesterday. No direct deposit, so I did it on my comdata, and messaged my boss to say I was finally paid. Then I get told that somehow payroll screwed up even though they said it would be okay, and we didn't get paid correctly. Talked to a couple other locals, and at least one didn't get paid correctly.

Now I'm starting to wonder if it's a payroll screw up, or if it's our boss.

Lady K and mje Thank this.
  7. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Just the On Guard... We were one of the original test subjects... Even O/O didn't know what it was for when we picked up our truck... They told us it was to monitor tire air pressure... LOL! First time on the freeway, in cruise control mode, it nearly threw me out of the bunk!! That was an experience!!

Arkansas Frost and mje Thank this.
  8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

We actually had something sort of go right... Been trying to get that license plate for the trailer since Saturday in CA... Rolled into the Denver yard. Tried to fuel... LOL... Got it only by accident... Who knew about the shift button to do the letters!! Anyway... At the window they sent me to the shop... Shop laughed... As we were walking out of the shop, spotted a pile of boxes, looked like a delivery... Yep there it was!! Whew... At least it was there!

Of course we then get to our drop and pick... Mac 5&6 ... Done ... Even got them right (this time) ... Mac 1 done ... Cool ... Mac 2?? Nope... Didn't recognize the trailer we picked. Our DM is working on it now... We are rolling, and she is searching for vin#s... Right now I'm really glad I don't have her job!!

mje Thanks this.
  9. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    I can only surmise one of two scenarios. #1. The very upper management of Swift has no idea what a debacle this whole thing has been. Maybe middle-management has told them to go work on their golf and tennis games because everything is fantastic...Or...#2. For some ungodly reason we can't fathom, this has all been intentional. Either way, $225 million was laid out by Jerry Moyes and at the rate things are moving, it could all be lost. Isn't somebody, somewhere saying, "Woops"?

mje and Arkansas Frost Thank this.
  10. Buckeye91

Buckeye91 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    I don't think anybody at higher management is going to notice anything. That is until we start losing customers.

mje Thanks this.
  11. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    That's really the point I was driving at. Tomorrow, I'll make my 3rd p/u in a week that is 2 days late before I got the preset. Some customers are already feeling it. They won't put up with it very long.

Lady K and mje Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.