Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    finally out of the New England boonies where truck stops are limited and the ones that are there have little parking and no wifi. Little parking meaning if you arent parked by 3pm then you are screwed. My phone's battery charger broke so I couldnt come online until i got out of that hell hole and buy a new one.

As bad as that area is, I have a ridiculously light high priority sams club load weighing a whopping 5k for 1900 miles. My lightest load EVER! Im getting 8.7mpg... its almost like deadheading 1900 miles...lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigrigtruckdriver

bigrigtruckdriver Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Anywhere,US
    I knew a guy who had an air mattress, if he had an empty trailer he would throw the mattress in the trailer and run the reefer

JimBob24 Thanks this.
  4. lionheart0901

lionheart0901 Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Clermont, FL
    Hey all,

I have a quick question about the back ground check. You see in 07 i was on unemployment for two months, which i forgot to tell my recruiter about. The only reason i remembered was when i was putting my paper work together i came across the papers from 07. do you guys think that i should tell my recruiter about it? do you think they will even care it was only two months. I'm supposed to start class on Sept. 7 and i don't want this to come up and be a problem I'm not even sure they can find this out not that its a big deal to tell them anyways.

thanks guys and gals be safe God Bless

5. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    I would tell them since DOT requires them to check for a 10 year work history

lionheart0901 Thanks this.
  6. ka5pfb

ka5pfb Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    As far as I know Prime and Stevens have APU's in their company trucks.

That's very good to know. That should definately be better than nothing at least. Thanks for the info.

7. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    When you apply to most trucking company's they will ask you for a 4-5 year work history on the initial application.
    Then if you get called in for a job they will have you fill out a 10 year work history.
    They do not want any gaps at all. So yes, let them know if you have already covered those dates.
    If they have not asked for that long of a period yet then you need to be prepared to give it when you go.
    As I stated somewhere else recently. Any paperwork for the dates will work, as will a letter from a friend or neighbor for the unemployed time.
    They are not too particular about that part, it can be just about anyone that does not have your last name. They know that most people cheat on the letter from a friend saying they were not employed at set dates lol.

lionheart0901 and The Challenger Thank this.
  8. Smurfette

Smurfette Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    But isn't it 10 yrs if you were already a truck driver? I know that its important for them to know that you have been working, but the recruiter I talked to told me that I only needed 3 if I wasnt already a truck driver.

9. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    It is better to be safe than sorry.
    I know that they asked for it at the Medina school when it was open.
    If you are prepared things go smooth and with allot less stress. I saw allot of stressing when I did my refresher.
    I was a lucky one, I had 0 stress, since I already had my license and I was 100% sure I would get the job.
    I used all of my school time that was not in the classroom practicing backing (since I had not backed anything that long) and teaching students how to offset back. And helping out with any questions I could answer.
    Allot of that was Sat and Sun. We had access to the backing yard, but no instructors were present.

10. lionheart0901

lionheart0901 Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Clermont, FL
    hey guys,

Yes it's definitely better to be safe then sorry. I just called my recruiter and left her a message about the unemployment. I want to make sure when i go to Utah they have everything. I want to tell them before they tell me.

11. JimBob24

JimBob24 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Cedar Creek, WA
    Good Job. Even if it doesn't go in your favor (which I strongly doubt) it is the best route...no regrets.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.