Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smurfette

Smurfette Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oh I know that I don't have to wash it out every time. But it was a Cargill meat load and it bled in the refer I didn't have a choice I had to wash it out. I mean I have only had to do 3 trailer washouts since I started driving the first one they wouldn't take the trailer because they wanted it washed first. The second one it was a chicken load that bled in the refer and then this one same thing. If I could avoid washing out the trailer on every load I would be happy but unfortunately some times it just has to be done.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JDTTrucker

JDTTrucker Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Stockton, CA
    I would agree 6pak is one of the best trainers out there. If u need backs he gets u in there and u can be sure to know how to back. It's very rare that I have to pull up. When I left his truck I was confident in all my abilities. And I have never ever had a late load. That's quality training, and that's how u get onto dedicated fleets. Do your job the right way all the all the time and you will get far. Oh and jess happy Aussie day!!!! Did you get today off?

Lady K Thanks this.
  4. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

If he gets my PM and wants to wait for me, and if I pass everything - sounds like he would be an EXCELLENT trainer... here's hoping :D

5. lupe

lupe Medium Load Member

How bad is the noise compared to other trucks?

Could somebody record the inside of a Central ref truck and post it on YouTube?

Also is it cold in the bunk?

6. Smurfette

Aug 5, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Most of the trucks sound the same if you stand next to an idling truck think about it being 1/2 or a bit more quieter in the truck.

As far as the bunk being cold most trucks have a bunk heater that keeps it warm in there for you. Then there are the trucks with Icon in them that will run the truck every so often to keep the engine warm and the inside warm.

I have a bunk heater and I have gotten the bunk up to 90 deg when I forgot to turn it down one night.

The Challenger and lupe Thank this.
  7. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Ok, Sorry for messing up my post lol.
    I have grown so use to the Wabash trailers and the new danes that I have been pulling that I forgot that many of Centrals trailers have different hole distances.
    Has been a few years since I have been with them, and I was not sliding anything when I was running flats.

My 5th wheel moves about 350 lbs per slot. That I do know, it is on a prostar though. And the brand may have different gaps.
    Basically, when you have it where it is scaling well. Leave it alone.

Is anyone around Waddy KY this evening?
    I am looking at 2 Central trucks.
    One of them I feel bad for the driver though. I think she may be new to driving and is in a W-900.
    Not a new driver friendly truck when trying to learn how to get better backing.

8. lupe

lupe Medium Load Member

What kind of food do you carry?
    refrigerated foods? fruits?

9. Smurfette

Aug 5, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Are you talking about for yourself to eat?

10. lupe

lupe Medium Load Member

No, the freight.

11. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    does anyone want to answer this for lupe im to busy rolling in the floor laughing:biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.