Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    yay. a load to carson, ca again! Dispatch sure likes sending me to dangerous areas...lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cutter

cutter Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    got a load Wed. in Atlanta, going to WM D/C in Olney, IL. By the time I got the load info, it was already late being picked up. Finally got loaded at 12:30 on Wed and headed north. Sitting here in Olney at the Red Rooster truck stop and the rescheduled delivery is for 1700 tomorrow. UGH... Then I have to drive 200 miles to Anderson, IN to Nestle to pick up a load that is scheduled for P/U at 1300 tomorrow. "don't worry, It's preloaded, get there as soon as you can after getting unloaded", my dispatcher tells me. The last 3 times I was told something was preloaded, I ended up waiting 17, 6 and 9 hours to get loaded. This one better be preloaded!!!

4. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    the pay is $2500.00 a week GURANTEEEEEEEED, They use the the same software the military does so the miles are pin point dead accurate no zip code to zip code here, detention starts after being in the door for 10 min, and you get a buck amnute for every minute your detained, and their trucks are cut wide open triple digets my friend :salute:

No Name 38, JimBob24 and chompi Thank this.
  5. 1badz28

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    no its not a recruter its probally LUPE using a new name :laughing3:

JimBob24 and chompi Thank this.
  6. JimBob24

JimBob24 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Cedar Creek, WA
    Well, I bailed, or baled,...oh heck, I left Central and became a Cretan. Good luck you Central Folks. It isn't the end of the world, nor the perfect solution. Good people at the driver level. I don't regret my decision to start there, nor remain the 15 months to be where I am today. Best of luck, stay safe and keep posting. It is a very good page.:biggrin_25519:

Lady K Thanks this.
  7. 1badz28

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    from what ive heard crete is a really good company hope it works for you over there keep us posted on crete i think youll like it there

JimBob24 Thanks this.
  8. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    depending on what happens when i go home next week,:biggrin_255: at the end of my lease i might try to get a local job hauling air freight to/from the planes, hauling trash from the transfer station to the landfill. A friend of mine works at allied waste and can get me in there and his brother is the director of transportation for an air freight company. OR i can go for Ryder logistics hauling equipment around.

9. JimBob24

JimBob24 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Cedar Creek, WA
    Hope it works out ok. Ran into where the money is need right now for extended OTR plus the desirable companies are asking for 2 years. My jump to Crete was first, because every driver that I spent time with that drives for Crete and are good conversantionalist, spoke well of the company and all had multiple years experience with the company. The only complaint is from the long-timers that the industry wasn't the same. When is your lease up?

10. Smurfette

Smurfette Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    If you are going to the SLC school DO NOT get your permit ahead of time. The Utah DMV will not take an out of state permit. A couple guys in my class found out the hard way. Paid twice to get there permit is really sucked. If you live in Cali and are going to the Cali school then yeah you could get it early however they will still go over the permit test with you. They did it with all of our refresher course guys that already had their CDL for them it was a review and boring.

11. bob98989

bob98989 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Anaheim, CA
    Hi All, I'm scheduled to start school in Fontana on the 14th. I've read all the posts here back to around 12/15. Sure appreciate all the info for us newbies!

Good luck to all you drivers out there in Snowmageddon. Drive safe, and keep the shiny side up.

Bob

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.