Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Congrats Ziggy! Now the real driving begins!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    About the screwed up freight, we got screwed royally with a load where the punk jack butt (I am being nice) literally said, sucks for you, and walked away. The company paid 500 to fix the load and didn't charge him. We did all we could to salvage a pallet of apples that we didn't like how it was loaded, and they threatened for months to deduct it from our check but never did. We recently ran across a load where the dumkoff took it from oh to az slid most of the way back, he head home time in az, so he knew he would drop it in phx. When the next person slid it to 40 to deliver to ca, it was 37100 on the tandems. Now why did the first person even leave oh, that's right he was going home.

Someone said a while back they expect teams to run 7000 per week, that is not really the case. They expect. You to move a load when you have one, and most times route you at 52 mph or greater, however, if the loads don't line up don't count on 7000. We have had 2 true wed to wed greater than 7000 weeks, and trust you have to have the loads perfect to make it happen. I hit rush hour in atl yest and el paso this morning. We move, and usually do about 1300 a day, but again things have to be right. We loaded at 2300 outside of charlotte and didn't get out before almost 3. We drop in fontana tonight, and as soon as another driver drops a load on the yard, we will be heading back to drop it in conley to go home. I repeat, this is not the norm. What is the norm for a team, go get the loads a planner put on a solo driver that didn't have the hours, oh and by the way you have just enough time top deliver, and if you are late, you will be stuck with it until we reschedule.

4. woodchuck66

woodchuck66 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2010
    I'm with you on that 63 thru North Arkansas being a crappy drive but when i did it the other night it didn't seem as bad after delivering meat to 3 stops on the Southside of Chicago a few days earlier. I'd rather drive on snow and ice with crazies shooting at me in the Ozarks than deal with the horrors that you can encounter in the Windy City!!! That place makes New York City at rush a pleasant drive.

5. John Patrick

John Patrick Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2011
    california
    Is there any way too unload your own freight????,

6. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    Some places yes, some no. But it doesn't speed them up in couting it. The cookie loads, you don't want to in most cases because you have to repalletize them. Once they had to turn 10 pallets into 32. We paid the 150 for it because we weren'yt going to do it regardless of the 6 hours it was supposed to take

7. milliken350

milliken350 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Billings, MT

Yeah im going thru TDA central program because the national guard was in the middle of re-negotiating its contract for paying the school, so i couldnt start that. now that im a week in they got it fixed, but since i transfered to cali from another states national guard, i cant use the TA to pay for the regular 4 week program to get hired on by anyone else.

I have my permit now, and i will probably transfer out of the Central program but if i finish teh central program, im stickign with it, since i need a job now. where i live its so rural its the only job i could find or get.

as far as the deployment, they are federally obligated to hold my job for me with NO restrictions upon return. i show up for my next day of work as if i wasnt gone at all... il be sure to ask them at central all the questions i need to.. so far they will work with my drills. and MOS retraining. so we will see.

Any other national guard members currently working for Central out there?

8. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

You found me :D It was nice to meet you!! Hopefully next time it will be for more than 10 minutes - LOL!

9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Klingon is - I was his make-up artist. He did parades and charity stuff. It was fun!!

10. poolplyntrucker

poolplyntrucker Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Kentucky
    Can someone explain the 8/2 split to me? Our trainer has but he tends to over explain it and blows my mind!

11. JimBob24

JimBob24 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Cedar Creek, WA
    8 hours on line 2 gets you back the remaining time of your 11 hours. Then you do at least 2 hours on line 1 or 2 (off duty) and you receive more time. That is over-simplified, but what is nice is that the computer will tell you time available. It accounts for the updated 14 hour day etc. It does come in handy when you have a few hours followed by down time. This could be between loads or in a customer's parking lot.
    :yes2557:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.