Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celticwolf

celticwolf Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    And we company drivers seemed have gotten squat...

Lady K Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jeepintrucker

Jeepintrucker Light Load Member

mikely, im very low on hours anyway, just got off hometime.

4. Jeepintrucker

we get a hard time everyday!

5. JDTTrucker

JDTTrucker Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Stockton, CA
    Actually if you think about it the trainers won't lose anything if their student upgrades. They lose .01 cpm but if their student upgrades they get the .01 back. It's more of an incentive bonus so they actually do their jobs and not just use the students as mules.

6. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    I think the if the student upgrades is a real incentive to train instead of just run. Of course it depends on where you test as to how you will fair

7. Jeepintrucker

we got our own time bonus today :)

8. celticwolf

celticwolf Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Me too now I can buy breakfast. Hahahahah

9. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    ahhhh what a day! It was HORRIBLE! All the 4 wheelers had some kind of deathwish goin. 3 of them today...

1st I -91 northbound. Rain. It wasnt a downpour but a pretty good shower. Im driving 55 see no one coming down the highway on ramp. I get to the point where the acceleration is merged into the travel lane, Wall is about 6 or 7 feet to my right. All of a sudden a 4 wheeler passes me on the Right shoulder and almost gets crushed into the wall.

2nd I-91 southbound. Interstate is still wet from the earlier rain. Lane 0 is the acceleration lane. Lane 1 is the Granny lane, Lane 2 is the travel lane, lane 3 is the passing lane and 4 is the hammer lane. No traffic at all. I am in lane 3 doing 60 2 4 wheelers enter the highway. A crown vic with an old person driving and a honda civic. THe Crown Vic was going too slow for the civic so the Civic decides to cross the solid line and cut over into my lane doing 45. WTF! I get on the brakes and air horn and the ####### doesnt budge. So I swerved into lane 4. Luckilly no one was there 10 seconds later he speeds up to 70.

3rd I 84 eastbound in hartford connecticut. Apparently the 4 wheeler behind me thought I wasnt going fast enough for him. I was at one of those a/b combo exits doing 40mph approaching a 35mph curve. The 4 wheeler came around almost hits the retaining wall on the curve the gets on his brakes because he didnt know if he should take exit a or b.

I backed into a customer's chain link fence and bent the post because the Dry receiving area is too tight for a 53 foot trailer with employee cars parked all over the place and I had to blind side back out to straighten out the trailer to make a full turn in that area. I cracked one of my batwings just trying to turn around and still barely made it.

My pickup for a 1116 mile load was the same as my 99 on the previous load, So i deliver to Dry receiving then drive to the other side of the building to shipping. They had me in the door and out before the other central driver was in his door before me was even started. LOL I got my load and down the road I go.... Get to the Petro in Scranton, PA and the load gets unassigned... and I was assigned a 715 mile load. WTF!? I call dispatch to find out whats going on and they tell me that they didnt know I had the load already and asked if i did my macro... ummm yes! So they look at the QC macros i did and there it was... apparently SOMEONE in CS didnt apply my depart macro to the load.

Then I ran the numbers on the new Lease op pay package and Central is pretty sneaky.... they disguised an overall pay cut as a base pay increase. because of that new tiered pay structure.... before lets just use a 200 mile load with no Deadhead and today's FSC to make calculation easy.
    Base pay 200 x .87 = $174
    FSC 200 x .451 = $90.20
    Short haul bonus $100
    Total Revenue $364.20
    Minus fuel cost 34 gallons x $4.25 = $144.25
    Net $219.95 (not bad for a 200 mile load!)

Now the new pay structure...Everything is the same except the short haul bonus gets changed to cents per mile and 0.03 base pay increase.
    Base pay 200 x .90 = $180
    FSC 200 x .451 = $90.20
    Short haul adjustment 200 x .10 = $20
    On Time bonus $10
    Total Revenue $300.20
    Minus fuel cost 34 gallons x $4.25 = $144.25
    Net $155.95 ($56 less :biggrin_2554:)

Solo leasing was difficult before but now it seems impossible on paper. And if its impossible on paper then its worse in practice. Becuase of this change I will probably NOT lease again after my lease is complete and go back to company driver OR get a local job where I live. Maybe become a yard dog at a distribution center, or rental equipment hauling for Penske or Ryder.

10. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Ouch, that hurts.
    That is central for you though. They know that the average driver coming out of school is to stupid to do that math. All they see is the CPM. They do not see the full picture.

11. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    That tiered loaded pay structure only helps us for loads over 450 miles. Before if a load was 451 miles we got no medium haul bonus. Now we would get like $18. I USED to love those short 200 mile loads... I can get a couple of them done in a day and it was pretty good money... Now I cant accept anything less than 450 miles.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.