Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I hear the bad lol. I do like to hear whole stories though.
    He seems to be giving most if not all of his. So I was leaving it alone and tend to believe him.
    I do not know why Central waited as long as they did to do this. But I think it may have had to do with their driver fitness basic being rather high. So they had some know it all nurse or NP go thru the books and pull out anyone they felt they may eventually have to worry about.
    I am guessing they dropped some with border line high blood pressure issues and other issues as well.
    Just a gut feeling.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cutter

cutter Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    sitting at the flying J in Augusta, GA. Showed up at 1630 for a 1800 appt. at P&G and was told it could be 10 - 12 hours at least for the load to be ready. Question for O/O people. Detention is paid at $30 per hour up to $240 per day. Does the day start at 0001? The guard made it sound like I could be here until 0600 - 0800 in the morning. Will I get the 4 hours detention today and then start a new 8 hours det. at midnight?

4. celticwolf

celticwolf Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    It starts two hours after the appt. window ends.. in the case of P&G your mac 13 and 14 have to match the times recorded on the bills.

$240. I have to look at the book again.....

5. Jeepintrucker

Jeepintrucker Light Load Member

i dont think you get detention if you leave the shipper tho.

6. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    Somehow I ended up being the shuttle driver to walmart today at WVDC just b ecause I asked when the next shuttle is going so I can go to the sprint store across the street to try to get my EVO replaced. Tomorrow am I need to take my truck to the pete Dlr to fix a few warranty issues that I let go for a while since they wern't deal breaking.

7. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    Detention starts 2 hours after your appointment. If they force you to leave then you still get detention. Just make sure you have it on QC that they are making you leave since the load isnt ready. and you only get it once. After that, you need to work with your DM on layover pay. So, the best thing to do is stay the 10 hours there, if possible, then leave to the truck stop.

8. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    Oh, the joys of being a lease operator, watching your miles finally start to pick up, and what happens, the over mileage goes up over 2 fold from $127 to $278 a week. Oh my word can I not wait to get rid of this lemon.

9. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    I give up, what is over mileage?

10. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    When you lease, you are allowed a certain number of miles and if you go over them, you pay extra for the over miles.

Kind of like a car lease where you pay at the end, but with Central (or the third party, but you know what I mean) you pay as you go.

11. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Penalty for WORKING hard , covering their FREIGHT and getting the job done.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.