Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    1bad, please pay attention. I had challenged you to go back and read, and I actually went back and glanced over some of the 1,000 pages I said I wouldn't. I am sorry you and your wife split, I did not mean any offense by bringing her up. Please, do not take it that way. I am proposing something that will hopefully bring an end to all of the back and forth bashing. Please, just bury the hatchet, and not in my back. I have never meant to hurt your feelings. I again do not wish you any ill will. Please, just stop bashing me. I have no idea what your issue is with me. If you want to tell me in some way, shoot, but can you just not attack me personally any longer. I am sorry I stuck my foot in my mouth. I am asking for your forgiveness, and realize I won't get it.

Klingon Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    She was good for a solo. I was with her till I went to Kraft. Averaged right around 3200 miles per week, if I average the full time I was with her.
    Plus never had to put in requests for any of the extras. Stop pay, layover, detention etc. She did it all automaticly, and I got it every time.
    I went to kraft for the higher milage pay, since at the time it was 40 cpm.

4. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Hey 1Bad, you are my friend and I would ask the same.
    There is no reason to be bashing anyone. This actually goes for all. I know that some are just defending their significant others. But it really is going too far.
    That last one I did not see any reason for anyone to be bashing. Every dispatcher is different, and even ones like Tamala who I loved, was not good for someone else.
    We are all different, and we each take things different ways. If I see something I do not agree with on this forum I will at times post another side to their post, or a different view. But I always try not to bash anyone personally.
    Again, you are my friend, and I know your personal attitude. And it is not as bad as you make yourself look at times.

5. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    2 years if you want to go local seems the norm now. I wasn't talking specifically about local though, just that you should spend a year with your current company and get your schooling taken care of before you move to another company.

So many people seem to think if they come out and spend 6 months or a year driving OTR, they'll get that coveted local position. It seldom happens. I won't say never, but I will say seldom.

6. JimBob24

JimBob24 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Cedar Creek, WA
    Think that is back to me. If I am wrong...ok. Only been here since Jan. In those few months I have had no lumber anything, just dry van: Pet food, beer, paper, paper, crackers, diatemaceaous earth, etc. Yes, you need to contact for comcheck app # for lumpers, but seems simpler than Central. Comchecks are rarer, Wal-mart is almost exclusively drop/hook unless we are "rescuing" a load from another carrier. One thing I noticed was I have been treated as a human by all the Walmart DC's in this role.
    Ain't perfect, but way better:biggrin_25520:

biker dave Thanks this.
  7. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    we split huh then why is she sitting on the couch laughing her ### off that you didn't read read more and notice that we are still married ? and if you dont beleive me just call jess im sure she will verify we are not split up.

8. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    The Yard Dawg had to stop him. He didn't even realize what had happened...

9. biker dave

biker dave Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2010
    pittsburgh,pa
    i wonder if there getting away from reefer a little bit, i do now that cat fish they used to pickup in the south is coming from oversea now for a fact, less then half the cost too. do they keep you out 3 to 4 weeks, or just 2 which is the norm, thanks

10. mama mia

mama mia Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Lick Skillet, AL
    As soon as I read the post about the "pending divorce", I felt like an arse for even having said something about her, and wanted to apologize right away. That is the type of person I am. I felt as though I had wronged you personally and wanted to apologize and ask forgiveness I am happy to hear you are still together. I still request we stop with the personal attacks. We all have so many factors working against us out here, can this not be an area to help, vent, get constructive criticism, etc. Not personal bashing? You started school 8 months before we did, and lasted less time at central than we have. You don't know me personally, and only seen me once. Come on, is there a need for it? I wish you no ill will, ever, truly.

11. nomadtrucker

nomadtrucker Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    The load they send to you is the load you get; the miles of the total trip varies from load to load. I have been getting a bunch of 400 to 900 mile loads recently. They are all packed together though so it's not bad. I hate the ones that they have a day wait in-between. Can't get any miles (or dollars) doing that. You can be out for a month and never see a terminal, and I prefer it that way unless I am going to Conley or Fontana. I hate going thru the inspection bay in Salt Lake. They have a new kid in there that is related to someone and he is writing up stuff that is crazy and then you end up either late to a pickup, or they end up pulling the load. When they get you in to do repair, they can't find anything wrong. The latest they did for me was a chaffed brake-line. I told him to put some hand lotion on it and let me go. He didn't even get a grin.

I am delivering a load in Baton Rouge and then headed to MS to pickup a load of catfish. Three deliveries on that one and the last is in AL. So I guess that we still haul catfish. I thought they had a fleet that did nothing BUT catfish, but I could be mistaken.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
    biker dave Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.