Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lextec

lextec Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2009
    Lick Skillet,AL
    There's not really a truck stop in the Bronx at all. Sorry:biggrin_25513:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL

If I could hazard a guess I would say that the flat devision would be hunt. That is just a guess, I do not know where he is working now. So check their web site.

4. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    Dark hair, beard?

It's not just the guy in the inspection bay. The shop at WVC doesn't always take the red tags seriously.

I had an air line chafing, I'd been red tagged 3 times for it. WVC couldn't find the spot, said the inspection guy was full of it.

Eventually, it wore through the air line and I found it. It was rubbing, and it was where he said. I was waylaid in Wisconsin for 6 hours after sitting 3 days to get it fixed.

The Inspection Bay needs tape or chalk to mark the damaged locations, so the shop doesn't just ignore one of the reasons for red tag because it's not a glaring problem.

Lady K Thanks this.
  5. Jeepintrucker

Jeepintrucker Light Load Member

Well, im stuck in new hampshire, they booked two drivers for the same load. I showed up 20 minutes after the other driver. Im not too happy, sitting here at anh bush waiting on my dm to pull his head out of his ### and find me something or give me my original load back!

6. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    Is there a minimum milage as well as 200 drive hours? I'd imagine that works out to only 10,000 miles, give or take a bit.

7. mxzhead

mxzhead Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2011
    No more min miles. Just the 200 hours. But so fR the first two weeks we have ran over 11,000 miles and I have about 115-120 drive hours. Remember it is actual drive hours now not total on duty hours. It has been a blast so far. My second day in the truck I was blessed with driving the wonderful hills of Oregon. Lol. Wasn't bad. But 4 hours of constant hills from reading,ca into Oregon was a bit of a surprise. I only missed 1 gear. But was able to recover. Anyways. Everyone drive safe and I hope to meet some of you on the road.

8. Dennis the Menace

Dennis the Menace Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Can anyone tell me if Central has a regional route including Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, N. Carolina, and S. Carolina? I spoke with a recruiter for Driver Resource Services today and she told me Central did but when I spoke to a Central recruiter last month, he said there were no dedicated routes. I don't mind doing all 48 states if I have to but a Southeast regional route would be great since I have a 7 year old daughter. I am looking at Central, Prime, and Swift for training but know I would see home for a long time if I go with Prime (4-6 months with trainer and then home once a month when solo) and Prime has no terminals in Georgia. Central and Swift both have terminals in Georgia although I see way more Swift trucks but the Swift recruiter said it would be 5 to 6 weeks before I see a paycheck once I entered school. The DRS recruiter told me about Central's pay in training (isn't much but enough to juggle bills for a month or so) but she then told me I could make between $750 - $900 per week once solo. Is the regional route or the pay when solo realistic? I have been researching training for 2 months and am ready to make a decision and be out of here by the middle of June but I want to go with a good company that can at least get me home for a couple of days every 2 to 2 1/2 weeks. Any advise or information would be appreciated. Thanks.

9. mxzhead

mxzhead Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2011
    They do have regions but don't think that matters very much. My trainer is supposed to be south west region. But we have been as far as PA twice in two weeks. He says the regions don't really matter much unless u are on a dedicated route. Everyone else pretty much runs all 48. As far as the pay. 750-900 seems a little high, especially inthe beginning. That would be over 3000 miles a week. I've been told 2200- 2800 is a more realistic number. Hope this helps and remember this is coming from a rookie myself. Just relaying info I've been told so far. They definatly. Hype it up. Remember recruiters are like car salesman.

Dennis the Menace Thanks this.
  10. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    they have a kraft foods dedicated that runs ga, sc , nc, tn, ky, va, wva, pa, oh, in, ill, ia, ar. tx, la, ms, ny, ma, it usually takes 3 mo solo doing 48 states with no accidents and no late loads to get on . but i have heard of folks getting on sooner. i was on that fleet and at the time i lived about 7 miles from the norcross ga kraft dc so i saw a lot of 10 hr breaks at the house. they used to have an agreement with kraft to where the time out was 2 weeks with 2 days off that was in their contract with kraft. im not sure if that is still the case since i have been away from central for over a year now. celtic wolf can give a little better info on kraft since he is on that fleet now. there is also a catfish fleet that runs the southeast up to chicago.

Dennis the Menace Thanks this.
  11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Awesome job! Shifting on the hills was one of the scary parts for me... I think (knocking on some simulated wood paneling) I got it down now - but those first few hills really worried me!

mxzhead Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.