Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. llloXolll

llloXolll Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Lake Butler, FL
    I spoke with Central Refrigerated today and set a date to start orientation and training on August 29 in GA. Before I jump feet 1st in these waters can anyone tell me what they have personally experienced with this company.

I've read through the forums and saw 5-6 threads but most are old. Being new to this I'd like to know if this is a fair route to take in getting training and starting work. So far after speaking to the recruiter and reading thier website I've seen the following:

• $100 for orientation pay
    • $0 pay during the 3 week training
    • $450 per week while assigned to a traininer which will last 4-5 weeks
    • $0.28 cent per mile (read somewhere that this is not accurate and the miles are based on zip codes, please explain that)
    • $0.10 per mile bonus if delievered on time (recruiter verified this by saying the miles paid would be $0.38 per mile when delivered on time) how feasible is this to obtain and is it true
    • 1 day home time per 7 days out
    Anyone still working for CRSI or recently left them, can you tell me anything helpful about this company

• Are paychecks being screwed with
    • Are you being given illegal loads - if so is there problems when this is brought to there attention
    • Is the equiptment maintained properly
    • DM / FM fair to work with
    • Average miles given to newbies
    • Whats the safety rating for this company, do they have a tendancy to get harrassed by DoT
    • How easy are the e-logs to deal with
    Any info will help and thanks for responding

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6pak4-two

6pak4-two Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there
    To all you truckers who have a 386 I have a nice fridge for your truck. It's a 2.3 and has a freezer in it yours for only $300.00 also have a set of 1/4 fenders peterbuilt in case you tru a chain last winter wont sell just 1 sell the pr for $ 100.00 On the fridge the 386 is already weired for it you take the sleeve out its behind your head drivers side there are 4 screws you will see the wireing. you will need to get a trim kit from pete Both in great shape.

4. 6pak4-two

6pak4-two Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there

You don't get 10 cents a mile for being ontime you get $10.00 flat
    P/R is ok just watch what you do keep a record so you can check your pay every week.
    There is no 1 day home four every 7 out you need to be out for 4 weeks then ask for 4 days off.
    The loads are fine if its to heavy take it back your D/M will work with you.
    Dont worry about DOT just stay legal.
    As far as a truck you get what you get stay on top of your P/T's
    Over all it's not a bad company to start with I spent 3 years there just left 5 weeks ago health prob's I made money.
    Look into running coors dedicated they ran me fine that way you don't compete with the refer side alot of drivers in it.
    And don't believe what any one at Centrals says it is what it is.
    You get paid zip to zip it's a loss of pay they may pay a trip 1550 miles but the routing may be 1620 miles you get to drive 70 miles for free.

Just do your best.

5. puffinsmoke

puffinsmoke Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Greensboro, NC
    After your 3 months is up, if you decided to become a lease operator. Would you be able to get on a dedicated run then..... or would you still have to wait in additional 3 months before being able to do so? Any response is welcome?

6. road runner 9630

road runner 9630 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Dedicated takes 6 months. 6 months is 6 months. Lease don't change that. Not to sure if Kraft takes lease. All messages have been addressed to company only.

7. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

So which dedicated fleet is better for miles for a team? Dole, Kraft, Coors, WalMart, McCain... not sure if there are more of them... So what are the good and bad of these fleets? We are thinking of heading towards a fleet and have talk to folks from 2 of them... would love more input :D

8. celticwolf

celticwolf Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Coors and kraft..

9. celticwolf

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Not entirely true. I got on kraft dedicated after a month solo. You just have to be first to respond when the message goes out.

10. celticwolf

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Plenty of leasee on kraft..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.