Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celticwolf

celticwolf Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    It's not up to your dm, and when you go dedicated you get a new dm.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. celticwolf

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Brand new Freightliners. Though you could get whatever is available too.

4. puffinsmoke

puffinsmoke Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Greensboro, NC
    Ive heard that if you do your orientation in Conley GA, then you may have to take some older equipment up to SLC Utah, to do your upgrade for better equipment? Is this true, what are your experiences with the doing the upgrade in Conley?

5. robngraves

robngraves Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2011
    indianola, MS
    okay i got a quick question. What does it mean when your testing out for upgrading. not sure if i worded it correctly. Say i been out with trainer for 5 weeks everything goes great, we were on time or early for each load. I completed all requirements for being with the trainer. Do i basically just go get my truck or what happens? just to be clear on this. and maybe help others that are not sure exactly either.

6. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    what happens is after you get thru with your trainer you will go back to a terminal and they will road test you on what you have learned...ie shifting ,truck controll, and the like they will also make you back in between two trailers you get two chances at this if you can not do it your done your out . that is what the upgrade is.

7. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    you will upgrade first and then you may take an older piece of equip to slc and get a newer one. they will not turn you loose by yourself with out up grading first.

8. celticwolf

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Conley always has a fair share of newer trucks and as 1bad said you won't be driving solo without upgrading first.

Not sure where you are getting this bad intel, but you need to ditch that source puffin smoke.

9. llloXolll

llloXolll Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Lake Butler, FL
    I'm looking at being in Conley on August 29 to start orientation. Is there anything I need to know, study or worry about starting off with Central

10. celticwolf

Oct 10, 2010
    Kittrell, NC
    Just make sure what you said on your app is 100% truthful. Omissions and lies will get you sent home..

11. puffinsmoke

puffinsmoke Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Greensboro, NC
    Ok guys, thanks for the info... I talked with a Central driver the other day who said he had done his upgrade about a month prior to our conversation, that he was given an older truck, and told he would be getting a load up near SLC to get a newer one.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.