Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodchuck66

woodchuck66 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2010
    A team at Central in a company truck should earn 80k per year without any problem so you would hope to do a little better in a leased truck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. road runner 9630

road runner 9630 Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2010
    My first year as a lease driver I averaged .33 cpm after all expenses. That was on the p and l statement. Use that to judge if you can make enough for what you want.

4. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    Smadronia got it pretty right, the only thing I can think of she missed was the excess milage!

marlowhy and smadronia Thank this.
  5. mxzhead

mxzhead Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Yep the excess miliage that is where they get you. I avg. 280-320 a week. Running 4700-7300 miles. Plus beware to ask about ins. Some trucks are more expensive to ins. I have a Pete 386 and it is bout 15 more a week than the freighiner. Was told that the hood is 8000 to replace and that was why ins was more. Don't mind the excess fee cuz it goes towards paying off the truck faster. Consider it like making extra payments on your car. But it's not yours. Lol

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    :biggrin_2559:i like that pay off the truck faster part.

the truck will never be yours unless you got that 75k sitting in the bank. and that's highly unlikely as you will get starved to death after y our first year. you'll quit your job. and have a nice collection account on your credit.

7. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    Not really. When you see their lease flyers, they claim the average team runs about 212,000 miles for Central, and a lease team runs 240,000.

To see $80,000 with a team, at the milage Central claims, you need to be paid 37.7 cents per mile. That means if you don't get their bonus, you would have to be here at least 5 years to get that pay. If you can get their bonus, then you might do it your first year, but don't hold your breath.

I teamed for 4.5 years, and we NEVER came anywhere close to $80k.

8. smadronia

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    Yeah, and like someone else said, it's probably not going to be. Central doesn't want you to own your truck, and they won't help you get financing for the remaining balloon payment. It's in their best interests to get you into a new truck.

And when you think about it, many drivers have lousy credit, so they can't get a truck any other way, so lease is the only option.

9. smadronia

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    I didn't know how to factor in the excess milage, and I wasn't sure what it was going to be, so I didn't bother. I used to have a flyer with that information on it, but it's long gone, so I guessed. You gave me most of the information, when you said it was $900 for the truck and necessary fees.

10. 1badz28

1badz28 Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2008
    savannah georgia
    hey smad hows that local gig going?

11. nomadtrucker

nomadtrucker Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    As I recall you are on Kraft dedicated. How is that working for you now. I know you were disappointed at first.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.