Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Wow, what engines do the prostars have? If I were to lease, put me in a money making KW or Pete.

KH

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    Oh, they told me the work was most likely warranty, and they hate doign warranty work. So, be prepared to wait. They also said with these trucks, especially the electrical problems, that it's not a quick "oh, you blew a fuse!" problem, it's usually something more involved, so it takes longer.

I am so glad it's a company truck, can you imagine how much you'd be in the hole? we died at 7:15 Friday morning, and it'll be Monday afternoon at the earliest, more likely Tuesday or Wednesday. Central pays for the room ,but the $50 we each get isn't going to make for a good week, especially not after waiting 2 days to get the truck, and having 2 days of old truck repair the week before.

Central plays on greed, and people want to make lots of money. Put fresh drivers in crappy company trucks, let them experience breakdowns and other problems, and then dangle a shiny new, supposedly problem free truck, and more money. A lot of people will jump on it, even though a bunch of them won't be driving in a year. Central no longer has a truck payment to worry about, and if they wreck the truck, well, they're a lease op, they have insurance. It's a win Win for Central, and Lose Lose for new drivers with no idea what's going on.

jess-juju Thanks this.
  4. smadronia

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    It's a Cummins of some sort. They were shooting for 4000horse, but then they turned the trucks down, so they're not getting it.

5. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    I couldn't have said it better!!

A week without pay for us -$930.00 a week, and two weeks playing catch up!

Most people put $100-$150.00 a week into a maintenance acct and the same away for quarterly taxes so really you start each week $300.00 in the hole.

Most breakdowns are covered by Warranty but quiet a few aren't and and then you have to consider downtime having the problem fixed, no miles = no pay.

smadronia Thanks this.
  6. smadronia

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    And, if you get breakdown pay, you have to be broken down for 24 hours to claim it, they don't give partial days. We get $50 a day as company, I'm assuming you guys get more. Still, whatever you make is a fraction of what you can make rolling, and a full week of breakdown still puts you in the hole.

7. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    After 48hrs its $150.00 a day!:biggrin_25512:

8. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Its a ISX385ST. I know sister company Swift is still running ISX400ST.

KH

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009

i got that part. what threw me off is in reading the new rules. the govt has decided that now, unless you are sitting for a total of 10 hours, it's part of the 14. before it wasn't that way. looks to me like now if you stop for a shower and a meal. that's on duty time unless your stopped for 10 hours. then you can claim it as off duty. where as before, if you stopped if was off duty time.

the old rules were 10 driving and 15 total on duty. and wee breaks were off duty time. if it took you 2 hours to get unloaded. that was off duty time. you could claim that as sleeper birth. it also looks to me like now that is considered on duty time. they've basically left you with nothing to use as off duty time unless your sitting for 10 consecutive hours.

least, that's the way i'm reading it so far.

10. jjranch

jjranch Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2008
    Shelbyville, TN
    No showers and meal breaks are all off duty. Once your 14hr clock starts. the only way to stop it is with a ten hr break or stretch it using the 8 and 2 rule. i can be stopped for a couple of hrs and still get in a full 11 even though i stop right at ten so i won't burn up my 70. JJRanch. Read fozzies post on pg 388 he is dead on.

11. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i understand what you all are saying, along the same lines i used to play by. but that's not what's been coming up on everything i have researched so far. here's the FMCSA rules i keep finding on the net.

it states lunch breaks and other off duty time do not extend the 14 hour rule. and that the 14 hour rule starts the minute the driver goes on duty.

11 Hour Driving Rule: All time spent behind the wheel is considered driving time. After 11 hours of driving time, you must have 10 consecutive hours off duty before you can drive again.

14 Consecutive Hours on Duty: A commercial motor vehicle driver cannot drive a commercial vehicle after 14 consecutive hours after coming on duty. A driver cannot drive again until they have 10 consecutive hours of rest. Lunch breaks or other off-duty time do not extend the 14-hour period. The 14 hours are consecutive from the time a driver starts their tour of duty.

60/70 Hours of Service Rule: Drivers working for a company that does not operate motor vehicles every day of the week must not drive after accumulating 60 hours on duty during any 7 consecutive days. If your company operates vehicles every day of the week, you must not drive after accumulating 70 hours on-duty time in any 8 consecutive days. You may, however, continue to perform non-driving duties after reaching these limits and not be in violation. (On-duty time is defined as all time from the time you begin work or are required to be ready for work until you are relieved from work and all responsibility for doing work).

34-Hour Restart: The regulations include an optional "restart" provision. This allows you to "restart" your 60 or 70 hour clock after having at least 34 consecutive hours off duty.

Duty Status Record: In order to check your compliance with the above-stated rules, drivers must keep track of their hours of service. Your motor carrier has the option to select the format which best suits its operation. This is also known as a log book.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.