Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. River_Runner

River_Runner Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Mohave Valley, AZ
    Looks like I'll be passing through WVC tomorrow evening. Seems like as good as place as any to get a 10 hr break. Anyone gonna be around? It'd be nice to meet some of you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    6Pak and JJ will both be there!

4. River_Runner

River_Runner Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Mohave Valley, AZ
    Cool. Maybe I can finally get that dinner you told 6pak he owed me... In February!!!:biggrin_2559:

5. jess-juju

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    JJ won't be there he has to repower a load at the Flying J 17 miles from Layton going to Wallyworld in TX somewhere!

Thats right and I will remind him the tight wad!!:biggrin_2559:

6. Brickman81

Brickman81 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I wouldn't if I were you, you got real good odds of getting red tagged & losing whatever load your under.

7. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    So, as an update to no one in particular, I once again, am kryptonite to a truck. We've been home just over a week, last Thursday we pulled in at 3am and went to bed, and today was trash day again. They've had the the truck since Friday, looked at it Monday, sent the ECM to Cummins Tuesday and Wednesday, and told me today they still have no idea what's wrong. I mentioned Cummins in Atlanta said it might be the thermostat, and this afternoon they said they ran more tests and tomorrow morning they should hear back from whoever they're sending test results to. I can't figure out if that Cummins, International, or ICON.

On one hand it's kinda nice to be home. But the nice to be home is outweiged by people who are annoying (17 year old boy with an ego anyone?) and by the fact we're not getting paid, because the repairs are happening while we're at home. Still, it's better than being in podunk nowhere spending half the day at International, knowing they're not going to finish it that day, but Central wants us to wait anyway.

8. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    I love these little places, that when you show up early, "no problemo, we'll unload you right now". In and out in 35 minutes and 3 heart attacks. Was backing up to the dock and had stopped, getting rdy to pull the parking brake and open the doors, when a truck next to me started moving. Dang but thought it was my truck rolling there for a minute. Heart attack #1 :biggrin_2558: Then while opening up the doors, out pops a guy from nowhere wanting to know if I'd already turned the paperwork in. #2 :biggrin_25524: Last was was while pulling a JJ (think it was him anyway). Guy came out with the paperwork and said I was good to go. Cool. Pull up and walk back to close the doors when a head pops out around the side from inside the trailer. Wanted to know what the hell I thought I was doing, he was still unloading. While explaining, here comes the other guy standing in the dock door wanting to know why his partner was in the tlr. #3 :biggrin_25511: Sigh. Back up to the door and was leaving 10 minutes later.

Am at my next appt., 3 hrs early, but its a big grocery warehouse. Bummer. Not unloading early here.

Lesson to be learned with this story? Always walk back and make sure the dock plate is up and door is closed before pulling out.

9. jess-juju

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    Nope you can keep the 17yr old with an Ego.

Anyone else having the same problem with a Pro-star have ya heard?????

Sounds like the problems the Volvo's had.

Yep it was JJ who pulled out with the forklift still on his truck!:biggrin_2559:.

10. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I did it one time also.
    But he was not in the trailer.
    I had been there, in the door for 7 hours. I had not had anyone in the trailer for 3 hours.
    A guy came, gave me the paperwork and said I was good to go.
    I pull forward maybe 2 feet and could feel the plate drop. I stopped and went back to get cussed out buy the guy unloading. I still had 2 pallets in the truck, and the guy was sorting the load.
    Why the hell do they need to sort the load while we are there waiting?
    It makes no sence at all to me. They can do that just as well with me gone, and I am out making money.
    I then had to wait 3 more hours before he was done.
    This is one reason I do not want to run reefer again. I would much rather stay flat, where I can supervise load and unload on my truck.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  11. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Judging by the responses on this forum regarding Volvos and Intl issues it seems maybe central got a bad batch. I have heard nothing but positive about the Intl prostars from various companies.

KH

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.