Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newtruckerwidow

newtruckerwidow Heavy Load Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Wow no one playing cribbage now in search of a good spades player. Anyone game?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    and on the 7th day, god said LET THERE BE SNOW!!!

merry xmas jess.

4. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I am hopeing the weather guessers were accurate this year and it will be a mild winter.
    For some reason, based on how the last year has been, I see no chance of that.
    I am in the snowbelt off of Lake Erie. Basicly most of the time Buffalo does not get half of the snow we do here.
    But this summer was cool, and there was allot of rain. Did not hit 90 once. Hit 80 maybe 12-14 days all year. The positive about that is that Lake Erie did not warm up as much as usual. So maybe we will get less lake snow and the lake will freeze again like last year and cut us off early.
    I hope so. Before the second week of January last year we had over 20 feet of snow. Not all at one time, lucky for us, but with lake snow and various storms. The lake, if it freezes, usually does before the second week of Jan.
    Looks like if all goes well getting this new possition I will be on Ohio Regional. And lucky for me OH does not get anywhere near the snow we do. So should not be too bad.
    I-80 can be an issue though. gets closed allot.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    this entire year was weird on the weather. we never hit 100 this year. and we usually have 25 days above. add to that all the rain we seen, and the rest of the country. and lack of hurricanes. i think i've only heard one hurrican rolling through.

6. ChromeDome

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I was just playing around with truck payments on another thread. It is funny how low you can get them compaired to leasing.
    I ran the numbers on a 2007 387 Pete, less than 180k miles and well speced. Asking price was 70k, though I am sure it would come down some, or you can pay that price and get them to throw in an APU, that is just how the market is now.
    If you took out a 2 year loan, and figured 10k in interest (which I think is high on a 2 year loan, but was too lazy to do the math) you end up with a truck payment of 833 a week, and the truck is paid off in the 2 years you can depreciate it.
    Hmmm. I think I have some plans for when the economy changes.
    It would not be a Pete, but the numbers are even better on an International 9400I with low miles also.

7. LADYANDTHETRAMP

LADYANDTHETRAMP Light Load Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Well Chrome the offer is still there if you get to Michigan I will take you to lunch....

8. ChromeDome

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    It is within the running area for Heartland, I will be going to Orientation in a week, so I will have to see where they have me running. I would love too, but I would insist on buying lol. Just the gentlemanly thing to do.

9. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    Cool 41' here and raining :biggrin_25513:

I think this year will be a nasty cold wet winter:biggrin_25511: It has gotten cold quick and I see Wyoming has snow coming today!

Be careful if your going to be on I-80 today.

10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009

not sure on your whereabouts but i was checking google earth and saw snow around you. looks like now it has moved off and coming down to me.

11. River_Runner

River_Runner Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Mohave Valley, AZ
    Now you tell me! It wasn't too bad. I little snow swirling on the road between Rock Springs and Rawlins this morning and it was a bit foggy between Laramie and Cheyenne. Just take it slow and easy!!!

I'd like to request Lahina, HI (Maui) Think I could get a load there?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.