Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeaconScott

DeaconScott Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Senoia, GA
    Oh, that's just my mom's side of the family. Sorry, this has nothing to do with Central, except we're all supposed to be family, I guess. Anyway, I hope all you folks reading Central's post have a truly wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. God Bless, Scott

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bgdaddy06

bgdaddy06 Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Barstow,CA
    What trucks are you guys having these electrical problems with?

4. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Lookls like i'll be stopping just east of Atlanta tonight and probably just south of there 2 nights from then. Wheres those truck stops on 285 at?

5. newtruckerwidow

newtruckerwidow Heavy Load Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Pilot on S. Atlanta Rd on the west side of town, Pilot on Bouldercrest near conley but we do not suggest even using the bathroom there. 1bad says if it were him he would straight through town on I-20 to towards augusta and stop at the TA in Madison GA. Lot safer part of town than the other two. 1bad will give you a call here in a few minutes.

6. mikley28

mikley28 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Tracy, CA
    I start classroom training on 11/30. How much do they pay for deadhead miles? There was no mention of it on the recruiting site.

7. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Volvo has electrical issues like that.
    Happened to mine when I was at central several times. On mine it was the ground where the harness plugs to the firewall. Would not happen very often, and nomally I just got it pulled to the side, sat a min, then restarted the engine and it was fine.
    Something was heating up the breaker on the system, so when the breaker cooled it would run again.
    Was a bad ground in my occurance.
    Good luck with the truck. I am with them, I really hope they do not put that as a preventable, but I would almost bet money it will be.

So, anyone at the lovely TA near Washington Court House OH?
    I see a bunch of central trailers here, and I am stuck for the night.
    I had to trade trucks in Chester VA yesterday, since my truck was being traided in. Got a 2007 that had been stored, so only has 150k on it. Great truck, but I have to turn this one in to go on vacation tomarrow lol.
    They got a driver lined up to drive me home tomarrow, and he said he will get one to pick me up a week from tuesday when I head back. So no busing needed.
    Hopefully this one will still be there when I get back.
    If anyone on here is at Washington Court house post on here quick lol, we can go get some coffee before sleep time.

8. ChromeDome

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    All miles pay the same. So it makes no differance to a company driver if you are loaded or empty. Only is different for lease ops

mikley28 Thanks this.
  9. Panhandle flash

Panhandle flash Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2008
    Oklahoma City
    Oops, meant I was going to be on the west side of Atlanta. Am in Tallapoosa? MM 5.
    Only 7 hrs or so from my 1st drop and its not till 0700 Mon. Think I'll make it? Had a nice talk with 1Bad today. Seems pretty cool to me. Widow, hope you get to feeling better soon. Sorry you've got the flu and are going to miss out on the big wing ding. Family is sooooo important and especially on Thanksgiving.
    Mother Henness, well the heck are you at?
    ChromeDome, vacation already? Kewl!! Going someplace good I hope.

10. newtruckerwidow

newtruckerwidow Heavy Load Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    No worries Pan but thanks for the well wishes. Almost all my family lives in town so I can see them whenever. My sister in KY was here earlier in the week she is the one I see less often. Hey maybe she got me sick? Anyway, I could use a day alone and have someone bring me a nice plate of food. Hey I got another sis in Tallapoosa. Boy you ain't missing much out there. Been there once sore if I ever got back to cilivation I would never go back. lololol

11. ChromeDome

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    This was a vacation that was planned before I was hired.
    When I got hired I listed being able to go as a needed thing for me to take the job.
    Airfare is paid. Condo on the beach in Madeira beach FL is paid.
    I fly out Tuesday and return Monday.
    Limo to a really really fancy steak house and dinner are covered as well lol.
    My parents are covering things and planned this so that me and my twin sister can have a late birthday party together for our 40th.
    It is also covering my mothers 62 and my Niece just turned 20. So we will all go and celebrate.
    I will have my toes in the water and my %$# in the sand all week. Drinking plenty of beer and margaritas and thinking of you all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.