Central Refrigerated Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by jjranch, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    LMAO a VOLVO famous for something besides breaking down.

3. ccolvin

ccolvin Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Taft, Ca
    hey, my name is chris. Im currently wanting to get into trucking. my dad has been in the industry for 30 years and hes currently working for knight trying to get on with cr england. I have been talking to Rick Johnson at Central as far as getting on. I havent had a chance to ask him yet as i just put in my app today to go to the school in riverside. But since the school starts on the 2nd and i dont have anything to stand in the way in feb. my only prob is im in the air national guard and i have drill once a month, with 2 drills being in march. course i can always make them up, but is central good at getting me either home or atleast close to where my drills are in oxnard, ca. kinda need to know this before i put in my 2 weeks notice at my dead end min wage job!

4. CowboyJJ

CowboyJJ Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Elk Grove, CA
    Well JJ first off nice name (mines the same) all your information is great here I was just talking to my recruiter today and was allowed to choose where to go to school at and when to start I start next monday on the 26th and was told nothing about not having trucks or anything and I asked all those kinds of questions like do I have a truck when I am done with my school and How long am I in training everything. So the no trucks thing makes me a bit curious as to why people are hearing this and I didn't. I look forward to getting into this line of work. I am a medically retired Airman because i blew out my knee. So since March of last year I have had one hell of a time trying to find work here and there but this looks promising and I just hope to make enough money to support my soon to be fiance.

5. jess-juju

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    Hi CowboyJJ, I think you may have read one of the posts and we were talking about Lease trucks.

Sometimes there is a wait on trucks and then they will bus you out to either another Terminal to get one, or somewhere else to recover one.

Anyway good luck with your training and keep us updated if you can, its always good to hear things from a fresh prospective.

6. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    WOW! Things have sure changed at Central with talks of waiting for trucks.

When I was there the biggest problem they had was "unseated tractors". When my class graduated there were 350 unseated tractors!

Maybe now they're gun shy and that is why the shortage of available trucks.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  7. jess-juju

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    I think the turnover rate has slowed down, at Central right now.

There are more drivers staying for longer, in this Economy you couldn't be sure of picking up a better paying job.

I know things have changed around my area there isn't even any jobs flipping burgers right now.

Also with Central changing from Volvo's to Prostars ( so the rumour mill says) in March there keeping a lot more trucks at the 500.000 + milage.

I was very surprised to read that one off the posters on the thread was told there was a wait on Lease trucks, as last time we were there in WVC there were a heap at the front of the building, but he maybe wanted a particular truck in a color they didn't have.

8. Lastkidpicked

Lastkidpicked Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Jess-JuJu, I'm not at all suprised at the move away from Volvos. All kinds of electrical gremlins and reliability issues.

I'll always remember walking the lot in SLC and seeing those 350 brand new trucks with no drivers for them. They were stacked up in every corner of the lot.

Things have sure changed.

9. jess-juju

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    Its hard to imagine all those brand spankin new trucks sitting there waiting on drivers.

Now it seems to be all those brand new Drivers sitting there waiting for there old Volvo :biggrin_25512:

10. CowboyJJ

CowboyJJ Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Elk Grove, CA
    Ok i spoke today with my recruiter, and the big thing I hear on here about there not being any empty seats is not true she told me flat out when your done with training there may not be one right at the closest hub to you but there are plunty at other hubs. BTW does anyone know what the closest hub to me would be in Elk Grove, CA (just south of sacramento)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.