Central Refrigeration Service, Inc. - West Valley, Ut.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by earthbrown, May 27, 2006.

1. earthbrown

earthbrown Medium Load Member

May 27, 2006

I have never personally heard of it being done...although, I am told it is used in these situations.

1. Driver decides to quit, he drives the truck without permission from where he is in Nashville to the terminal in Atlanta.

2. Driver gets a 600 mile load on friday, and it does not deliver until monday...driver without permission, decides to drive 100 miles off route to see a friend.

3. Load from Miami to Atlanta...you decide without permission, to go to Atlanta, by way of Birmingham.

This rule is not meant for valid and reasonable deviations in route. You can get away with small deviations, and your fleet manager may reroute you to your desires, if it is not unreasonable.

K

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. So Cal Dave

So Cal Dave Bobtail Member

May 22, 2007
    Riverside, Ca
    Dang near 40 years as a cabinetmaker, gettin to old and to tired to do the shop work. now I'm going to follow my original goal when i was a youngun, to get into trucking. I checked em all out and the independent schools (sheesh, $6000.00?) and settled on crsi, seems like a great company to work for from all what i read and heard.

starting Monday May 28th at the Riverside Cal crsi school. and luckily i only live a few miles from there. I could use any suggestions and tips

Dave

4. smadronia

smadronia Heavy Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Oregon
    My trainer mentioned it, and it's in the company driver handbook. He said that unless it's more than 50 miles, they don't do much about it. Now, he's an o/o and was there a long time, so I don't know if it's that they don't bother him, or that they don't bother drivers in general. I'm hoping, since they pay zipcode to zipcode, that they expect you're going to have more miles than the load info states, even if you're sticking to their fuel routing.

5. GARZALASVEGAS

GARZALASVEGAS Bobtail Member

May 28, 2007
    What Is Ur Trk Number,and Who Is Ur F/m,r U Still Working For Them

6. Tip

Tip Tipster

Mar 18, 2006
    ON STRIKE
    SoCal, I have some advice for you. Read this site and you'll find plenty of tips and info. You'll also find answers to questions you don't know exist yet.

That 6 grand tuition is 6 grand because the government has driven up the price of tuition by giving the schools so many grants. Welfare to work is a great idea, but if you're getting driver training, go cheap or get a grant. Don't pull that 6K out of your own pocket. I made that mistake 12 years ago and STILL regret it. I wish I had that money back every day of the world, guy.

7. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    David Waddell is a great guy and full of good info. The "yard" in Fontana is nothing more then a dirt lot, and I hope you like eating dust. You are going to get boned because you'll get dispatched out of Fontana, and they are a complete pile of ####### there. I didn't go through their school, so other then that, I don't know what to tell you.

BruceP is the only person out of the Fontana yard that seems to have a clue what is going on, too bad he is nighttime only.

8. So Cal Dave

So Cal Dave Bobtail Member

May 22, 2007
    Riverside, Ca
    I Backed out because of the $6,000.00 commitment. the recruiter made a lot of promises that i felt were unreal. i didn't want to be beholden to them if i decided to quit. I'm starting and independent 2 week school in Fontana. (i live a few miles away) for $1,200 and amazingly i found a lot of the major companies hire from there. seriously thinking about Werner, already have an orientation set up when the school is done. I'm 59 yrs old with family here (wife, 2 grown married daughters and 7 grand kids and don't really want to do otr. the Werner recruiter says there is now 5 openings for dedicated. L.A. to No. Cal. and L.A. to Phoenix. and if still open i can get that as a newbie. of course she cannot guarantee they'll be available when i.m ready to go solo, but can guarantee regional home 2 days out of 10 and when dedicated opens in can have a chance. i need to know from any Werner drivers. if shes just blowing smoke? or is this real?

9. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Not that one with the used up single axle trucks and trailers I hope! The Blue Turtles are always hiring.

10. lvjeffro

lvjeffro Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2007
    Can anyone tell me if there are wall outlets in the dorms at the SLC terminal???

I am bringing my laptop and will want to be able to recharge the batteries...:biggrin_2558:

I am leaving tomorrow to go to SLC, I start June 4th...:biggrin_2552:

I am kind of nervous for some reason,:biggrin_2553: but once I get there and get going, I am sure the nervousness will turn to excitement and antisipation...:biggrin_25521:

Wish me luck everyone...I am off to a new adventure...:biggrin_25524:

I will keep everyone updated...:biggrin_25525:

11. pjw044

pjw044 Heavy Load Member

1 per room with 2 outlets...might be easier to charge in the phone room.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.