Central Refrigeration Service, Inc. - West Valley, Ut.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by earthbrown, May 27, 2006.

1. ol'firefighter

ol'firefighter Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Taylor, Arizona
    Thinking of starting with CRF. Read through a ton of posts and still gotta say they're the better of two evils.
    Just want to know if the trainers are really good or they treat you like a brainless moron?
    Some experience, mostly with bellies, and most of it's offroad. Also, tons of miles through at least 9 states with fire trucks. They're not combi's but they're sure heavy, what with water, tools, people. Yeah, I know. Not the same.

Need help choosing here. Want to make my choice a little more concrete.
    And this sure beats shipping to Iraq for a FF job.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    Central is a good starter company!!!

Some of the trainers are very good, Some are Bloody ordinary! But in saying that Central are being a lot tougher on there trainers and weeding out the ones who just want a student for the extra miles.

Since you have driven before, you shouldnt have a problem.:yes2557:

4. ol'firefighter

ol'firefighter Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Taylor, Arizona
    Like I said, nothing OTR, just local pulls and never with a CDL. Thanks a ton

5. Brickman81

Brickman81 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Local is good, due to the fact that it means nothing to the big companies. You shouldn't have a problem.

6. newtruckerwidow

newtruckerwidow Heavy Load Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL 1bad is finally dubbed a sidekick!!!!!!!!!! That's what he always calls our little one. I've been waiting on the day he would be called that!

7. chunter81

chunter81 Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Marietta, Ga.
    well i finally took some home time. i been out for a month and a half and honestly im not impressed. i did learn that you don't pay out of your pocket for anything cause they will bs around about paying you. my dm is out of conley and to me conley is a s-hole. im also from ga so im just not saying that for ##### and giggles. im goin try to get me a dm out of slc. its fun being out there but i got tired of being out there and wanted to come home and see my little girl and g/f. i talk to guys from my class pretty frequent and i hear some are getting 3k miles a week. the best i did was a 2800 back to back. but my truck went down in ky and thats when i got the shaft. night time dispatch sucks and i hate to even think of dealing with them.

its not all bad but it feels like more bad than good. as for the O/O not right now. im not satisifed with my miles now without a pay. well hope all is well for yall im out on the road tomorrow. and also the east coast is a dead end especially florida

8. chunter81

chunter81 Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Marietta, Ga.
    the training was a joke. i learned everything i needed to know from my school buddies and experience. i have been solo for 3 months now and i am still learning what i should have with my trainer. my brother is going thru millis right now and im really jelous of the training he is getting and its a better company i must say. but good luck to ya.

9. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    That all depends on who you get for a Trainer!!!

Central does have some good Trainers and they have a few that just SUCK!

My Fiance has just started as a trainer and his first student has upgraded and doing good, When ever 1Bad has a problem he calls JJ and gets help.

Copy your scale tickets and send them in with your trips, COPY ALL PAPERWORK and keep a copy so you have proof you weren't paid for it and that isn't just with Central its with any company.

You can use your Comdata Card to pay for Scale Tickets.

10. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I am guessing he is talking about a hotel room and expences while his truck was down. I always went thru my DM for that, and paid with a com-check. Though once or twice I had to do it with my money. When that happened I still used the com-check, just written out to me.
    My DM was out of Conley, she was one of the best ones I ever saw with the company. But she was doing mostly owner ops last I heard. Her name was Tammila. Once she trusted me on the runs, and knew that I would always clearly explain what was going on, I got allot of miles and no problems. Also she had my back on pay.
    Every layover, detention time, delivery ect. I never had to ask, she just got it done.

11. newtruckerwidow

newtruckerwidow Heavy Load Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    This is 1bad's 1st time ever behind the big wheel. He is very impressed w/ the training. He is very confident being out on his own. I agree w/ Jess it's all about what trainer you get. 1bads is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! We ( and I mean we) can call on him anytime about anything and he doesn't act like we are a bother to him or complete idiots. He realizes if you don't know the answer it's not a stupid question! We are pleased with the decision to go w/ Central!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.