Central Refrigeration Service, Inc. - West Valley, Ut.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by earthbrown, May 27, 2006.

1. earthbrown

earthbrown Medium Load Member

May 27, 2006

9days out = 1 day
    14days = 2
    21=3
    28=4
    and so on, BUT more than 4 scheduled days off and you have to vacate truck.

I go home EVERY 3 weeks, they do their best, or atleast make good attempt at the last minute to get me home on the day I asked for. My only complaint is that the planners and FM seem to wait till the last minute to find a load for home...a little more planning saves them money, because routinely I run 200+ miles deadhead home....but I really dont care. they also pay you $40 a day for not getting you home.

Last week 3700 paid miles, REALLY week starts on WED and I came off home time WED so it wasnot a left over week.

This week ending wed i got 2500 miles might have got more, but had to wait for hours cause I had used so many the week before.

First 3-5 months i did not get allot of miles, I guess this is typical. But the last 6-7 months they basically run me out of hours.

My grade is 75%, could be better, but could be swift.

K

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ipsda

ipsda Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Indiana
    Well I decided to go with Central Refrigerated and am starting school on March 19. I am a retired Gunnery Sergeant from the Marine Corps so a few small checks wouldn't be a problem.

Is there anything that you would recommend for me to bring on top of what was already mentioned by the recruiter, when I depart for school and then the 4 weeks with trainer.

Also any suggestions or advice would be most appreciated. I remember as new boot it is wise to listen to those that have went before me.

Thanks

4. devildice

devildice Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2006
    Texas
    Gunny,

Congrats and best of luck to you!!:thumbup: I am a Navy Chief and will be retiring this June, at which time I will be embarking on my second career in the industry as well.

5. blueeyezamazon

blueeyezamazon Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2007
    I use to work for CRS. Needless to say I did enjoy working for them. I use to run a dedicated for them (Kraft). Good miles, great people, I love the people in Atlanta (Berry, Rich, Matt, Miss Betty) love them to death.

6. nightbright

nightbright Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2007
    hey I'm new. What is diferent about hauling a refer?

7. blueeyezamazon

Feb 1, 2007
    The only differents is, is that refers are temperatured controlled and a dry van is dry. On refers you can haul frozen, refrigerated & dry goods in it. Its kinda intimidating at first, trying to get to learn how it (control panel) works, but after a couple of months its a piece of cake. Me, personally, I would like to have a refer instead of a dry van, but thats just one person opinion!

8. nightbright

Mar 4, 2007
    Why refer over dry for u

9. blueeyezamazon

Feb 1, 2007
    :biggrin_255:
    When I first started out I trained with a reefer, & just grew to like them. They are easier to clean (I don't like dusty things). I just like them better them the dry vans. No real reason.

10. nightbright

Mar 4, 2007
    what do you mean by little or no money some weeks - while in trainning or when out solo

11. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    If you work on % of the load,a reefer almost always pays more per mile on the freight rate,but sometimes ussually takes longer to unload as it ussually involves grocery warehouses of which some are nightmares.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.