CFI Driver's What's Your 20? (2017 edition)

Discussion in 'CFI' started by Keeker, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Corn-Fed

Corn-Fed Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Big Clifty, Ky
    CFI temperature control division. We bough out MCT Midwest Costal Transport. TFI has decided to have a one company vision they said nothing would change at the time. MCT has been rebranded to CFI TC. We started buying our t680s with sliding fifth wheels for refeer trucks. Transport America is also being rebranded to CFI now. So far the refeer division is voluntary and a small outfit.

Attached Files:

Trucker61016 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tierael

Tierael Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Honaker, VA
    I knew they'd merge CFI and Transport America eventually, they kept going on and on how we were two separate companies and wanted to keep operating that way, but you could see the signs that they were planning on heading that way. Most Transport America drivers never seemed to like us much when we were around from my experience, not that I personally had any real issues.

Didn't know that's where the Reefer Freight came from though, just had assumed it was from Celadon. Hopefully a good deal of MCT's equipment was in decent shape. I remember having a lot of junk trailers at CFI, my unfortunate luck of the draw always getting the trailers with wiring issues or this or that.

Trucker61016 and Corn-Fed Thank this.
  4. Corn-Fed

Corn-Fed Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Big Clifty, Ky
    MCT is as far as I know a refeer only company. So I wouldn't have a clue about their equipment but I have seen internationals with apus but I know they're getting new and used cfi kenworths. So they can kiss an apu goodbye.

5. Tierael

Tierael Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Honaker, VA
    Last I had heard they were still trying to look into APU options company wide but I have my doubts they really will pull the trigger on anything, they are definitely keeping close eyes on their money still. I know I had a struggle getting some repairs sometimes because it seemed like they just wanted it to limp along, but that was just my experience. Definitely appreciate what all I went through with my time there, I got lucky and had a fantastic trainer and he really impacted my driving career in a profound way. Wish there were more trainers like him out there, the drivers out there could really use better trainers from what I've seen.

Trucker61016 and Corn-Fed Thank this.
  6. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Screenshot_20210328-151053.png

That was my red cfi kw-t600 apu.
    :D. That truck was a beast. I miss it.was waving past everyone with my illegal as hell going thru tunnels trailer full of batteries.

7. CMBreen

CMBreen Heavy Load Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Midwest City,OK
    So CFI and Transport America merged completely, I know when we were there 3yrs ago, they just considered TA as a sister company. Seen a few of the reefer trucks out there. Hopefully they will start rolling hard enough to get you all raises. Stay safe out there

8. markealy

markealy Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2013
    EL PASO
    What's up cfi ...I miss you guys besafe out there

CMBreen Thanks this.
  9. CMBreen

Dec 22, 2012
    Midwest City,OK
    The people are the only thing I miss about CFI, loved having Debbie as a dispatcher and miss going down to Laredo some, we don't get down there anymore

Trucker61016, Mototom and Cerberus XVI Thank this.
  10. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    I miss my runs from PA to Denton TX
    What was the terminal right by the border? I liked that one. Didn’t care for Laredo.

west Memphis was my favorite terminal.
    Man I kinda miss all the terminals and running super mid south.

11. CMBreen

Dec 22, 2012
    Midwest City,OK
    West Memphis was a nice terminal, where we're at now, their West Memphis isn't that great but they're trying to find a new location. We have terminals is Lincoln,Omaha, NE, Cheyenne,WY, SLC, Indy,Columbus,OH.New Kingstown,PA, Statesville,NC,DeLand,FL, Wilmer,TX, Tulsa,OK. KC,MO and Marietta,GA. All are pretty nice my favorite is probably our Cheyenne terminal

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.