1. thelinedriver

thelinedriver Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2017
    I am thinking of going over to them, I just wonder what the passenger policy is?
    How long do I wait to put wife in? I have over 10 yrs experience. I also have a pet cat, I know, it's a hard life what can I say.
    Last question is what lanes do the run the most?

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Navajo Express can take the wife & cat.
    ~
    I didn't know CFI allows cats. Most companies don't.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
    Flat Earth Trucker and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  4. nextgentrucker

nextgentrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 25, 2023
    Port Saint Lucie, Fl
    Why dogs and not cats?

Flat Earth Trucker and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Because they scratch the upholstery and anything they can sharpen their claws on. Won't even allow declawed cats.

6. Nashville

Nashville Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2022
    Owned by Heartland now if that helps you make a choice...

7. ST214

ST214 Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2021
    If you are experienced, wife can mostlikely get on the truck right away.

Cats are allowed, just pay the pet deposit.

As far as lanes, it all depends on if you are regional or OTR. Lots of things have changed since Heartland took over, and not for the better either.

8. JamesMicheal

JamesMicheal Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2023
    I went to CFI in October. Was told pay would be more than my last company, $.60/pm, and that I’d be able to run 3000+ miles like I did with my previous company. I was told that the head hunter that called me was a recruiter for them once but was fired for lying to drivers. But they still use her. Her name is Heidi H.

Pay is nowhere near the same. I’ve managed to get 3300 miles once. Usually between 1800 and 2500. Nobody knows what is going on. They treat refrigerated like a red headed step child.

People in their shop are alright. They’re all tired of being bought and sold, but they are probably the most helpful and honest people on that property in Joplin.

My first dispatcher was fired. Nobody knows why. The one I have now doesn’t seem too real keen on getting the other dispatcher’s drivers.

I delivered in California on Thursday December 14th. Was supposed to drop trailer at a company for a preloaded trailer. There was no trailer there so I had to go down to the heartland express yard to drop my reefer and grab a dry van. Then had to wait almost half an hour so dispatcher could ask permission for me to take a box trailer.

Lots of Costco loads. And they expect you to sit on it even if it doesn’t deliver for a week. Costco is hit or miss taking deliveries early.

When I first came back to CFI I was in Joplin for a week for orientation. As a previous employee for refrigerated and going back to refrigerated I just sat around waiting because I didn’t have to be at orientation for the dry side. But nobody told me that. Was given no phone numbers for any dispatchers. It took me going up to their “war room” to be able to meet my dispatcher and get phone numbers.

Basically, nobody know what’s going on there. At least not the refrigerated side.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2023
    Reason for edit: Removed employee last name
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.