Chains and buyers: need to pick up 8 chains/ 4 binders... best place?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Doing_flatbed_nc, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Doing_flatbed_nc

Doing_flatbed_nc Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2016
    I'd like to start hauling skid steers next week. I need 8 chains and a minimum of 4 binders and I'm looking for s good place to buy them in NC for a decent price.

TruckPro has everything I need but their mark up on chains and binders is insane.

Used is ok for me, if anyone here is selling in the area. I'm staying between Winston Salem and Raleigh all week long.

Ordering from the internet is ok too, if the price is reduced with a volumin buy. 3/8x 16 chains 3/8 -1/2 binders.

Any tips?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Go to lowes or home depot. You're not going to save that much over their price. Are you looking for snap or ratchet binders?

Doing_flatbed_nc Thanks this.
  4. ibcalm19

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania

5. Doing_flatbed_nc

Doing_flatbed_nc Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Ratchet only

6. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

Any internet deal I found wasn’t any cheaper after shipping or even with “free shipping”.

I stopped buying used securement. If someone will give it to you, take it. Ever time I got used securement it wasn’t worth it. I’m apparently more particular than most.

7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I worked at a place that would build chains to customer spec. We had barrels of grade 70 chain and hooks. We'd just pull out however many feet of chain the customer needed, cut it and install hooks. Took like 15 minutes to build 4 chains.

x1Heavy and Doing_flatbed_nc Thank this.
  8. ibcalm19

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Ratchet probably online is the best price you will get if you need them by next week.

9. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I agree, you really need to buy a boat load of stuff to cover the shipping cost. An then you will probably have a irritated LTL driver or flabergasted UPS driver delivering your stuff. :D

Trailer dealers or truck dealers have decent prices. Whomever is closest.

x1Heavy and Doing_flatbed_nc Thank this.
  10. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Try Mytee products or US Cargo control. I believe both have free shipping after a certain amount of money spent.

11. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

I priced out both, free shipping with two barrels of chain. It was like 400 bucks more for two barrels of chain through them with free shipping then it was from my local place, which is not known for cheap prices.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.