changing head gasket on paccar mx13 epa 10... help!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by splittero1, Feb 25, 2020.

1. spsauerland

spsauerland Road Train Member

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    Work on the Paccar or another euro engine, and you will count your blessings working on Cat!

jamespmack, SAR and pushbroom Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Keep the injectors and tubes together as they are mated to each other. I usually bag them and write what number hole it came out of.
    Injector hold down bolts are one time use.

4. pushbroom

pushbroom Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    I was just gonna reply with the exact same thing!!!!

5. spsauerland

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    And before you get mad @daf105paccar , I am saying it is different than what seems "American" and what we are used to. For its displacement and price point, they are a good engine.

6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I guess the engines are easy enough to work on. Its not the engine designer's fault they surround it with a D8 lol.

7. spsauerland

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    I here ya, overhauled a 3306 in a D6H and I ended putting couch cushions on the track. I thought standing on a draglink for hours was bad.

8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Welcome to my daily life lol. Almost need to be a tall and lanky SOB in order to fit where you need to be on this stuff.

9. spsauerland

May 31, 2010
    West Harrison, In
    I got the tall down, but beer and Netflix killed the lanky!

10. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Different aproaches .

pushbroom and spsauerland Thank this.
  11. splittero1

splittero1 Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2018
    thanks again for your help and explanations. ok ive got a handle on the torque sequence. ill check the EUP's as you describe also. I am gonna take your advice too on buying the new headbolts.. will pick them up in the morning. good news on the injectors.. no calibration needed if back in same holes.. I went ahead and pulled em before pulling off the head.. everythings in individually marked plastic bags.. I even marked thos valve bridges.. 1-L 1_R ( cylinder one, left and right.. ) so I think im good on everything going back in where it came out .. thanks for explaining the flats.. whish I had the money to buy a nice torque and angle wrench.. gonna see if I can borrow a good one. might need to invest in one though if im gonna be doing my own repairs huh? lol.. one last question.. ive cleaned out all the bolt holes. no oil down inside or any other junk. when I start installing the bolts I need to lube them up a little also on the underside of the bolt head. I was wondering if that grey anti seize stuff would work ok for the threads? and just some oil on the bolt heads ? ive used that anti seize stuff a lot on bolts and stuff in the past but never on headbolts like this.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.