cheapest cigarettes

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by lowkeep, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Trucker_Matt

Trucker_Matt Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Downriver, MI
    Missouri is where I always pick up a few cartons at a time whenever I head thru there. I smoke marlboro special blends and they average about 35$ a carton there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Are they still cheap on the Indian reservations? Before I quit smoking, they were real cheap there; something about the taxes. Diesel was cheap also.

4. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California

:smt033​

I used to haul "gaming devices", aka slot machines from I.G.T. in Reno, Nevada to where ever, including Indian reservations. Those reservations are nations within a nation and not subject to the same laws, rules and regulations set forth by the local, state and/or federal government. As such, most tribes elect to not charge any local, state and/or federal taxes. From their point of view, they're not tax collectors, which is what it amounts to as they'd be turning the proceeds over to the people who took their land and stuck 'em on the reservations, --- relocated, if you will, --- from game filled mountainous lands to swamp lands in Florida where the the game they hunted also hunted them. A Trail of Tears.

If y'all can find a chart that breaks down the cost of a pack of smokes, it becomes abundantly obvious what elevates to price. Just like gasoline and diesel, it isn't the product that's high priced, --- it's the taxes. IMO, when the taxes are more than the actual cost of the product, SOMEthing is rotten in Denmark.
    There oughta be a law ....................

We hear smokin' ain't healthy, and we should quit. Can y'all imagine the whimpering there'd be if we actually did quit and all that tax money dried up? The local, state and federal governments wouldn't know whether to poop or go blind. I wonder which commodity they'd over-tax to make up for dwindling tobacco taxes? Adult beverages? Or would they reverse their tactics and start encouraging everyone to "take a puff, --- it's spring time"? Remember, "L.S.M.F.T."? (Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco --- or, Loose Strap Means Floppy, uhhhhh Breast? )

California prisons don't allow smoking.
    I wonder how many don't commit crimes to avoid experiencing a smoke free environment?
    I wonder how many people consider that cruel and unusual punishment? A case of the punishment bein' worse than the crime?
    If smokin' is so bad, why don't the prisons demand each inmate smoke at least a pack a day?
    Those in for life, --- two packs a day.
    The prison guard's union could charge street prices, or higher, to supplement their preposterous pension pyramid scheme retirement plan.
    Just a thought I think I thunk.
    :smt112

7-UP Thanks this.
  5. EtaN

EtaN Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Anything in Missouri and your good to go driver.

6. Dieselten77

Dieselten77 Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Astoria,NY
    Don't buy cigarettes in NYC it's like $13.00 a pop....:biggrin_25513:

7. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    If that price was for a carton, it would be a great price. Per pack is outrageous. But that $13 is the price of one cigarette, With a ten dollar off coupon a pack-0-smokes would be only $250 bucks (plus taxes). With a one hundred dollars off coupon, a carton would be only $2,400 plus applicable taxes, (about $100) :biggrin_25521:

Laugh now folks, :evil4: --- before the above becomes reality. For sure we won't be laughin' then.
    Probably won't be smokin' either.
    :smt025
    Only the politicians in Washington DC will be able to afford to smoke tobacco.
    Where else would they get the smoke to blow up our buttoxes
    ? :smt033 :bootyshake:

On a more serious note, those who enjoy fine ciga
    rs :smt028 might want to get in on the opportunity to get their hands on real Cubano hand rolled cigars. First, buy s few cartons of brand name American cigarettes on the way to up-state New York. Once there, turn your CB radio on and listen for Canadian Big truck truck drivers lookin' to trade Cubanos for American cigarettes. It's a win/win situation. Everybody goes home happy.

Ideally, pick up a load in up-state headed for Florida. For whatever reason, humidity improves the smokin' experience. So bring plenty of cigars to tide y'all over while waitin' for a re-load goin' ANYwhere. I spent a whole week waitin' for a re-load in Florida one day. Thank gawd I brought enough cigars.
    :laughing1:

8. No Name 38

No Name 38 Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Virginia Beach
    12.95 a pack .. Brooklyn New York as of 10/5/2012

9. Buckshot7cz

Buckshot7cz Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Sandy Oregon
  10. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    The gov't was mad up there because every started rolling their own. They only applied the high taxes to rolled cigarettes. They were fighting to change that the last I heard.

I started rolling my own back in the spring. I bought a nice electric roller and my old $210 monthly habit only cost me $65 a month now. After about 6 different tobacco's and different tubes I found a combination close to Winston Lights that I like. They stay lit and don't have a bunch of chemicals in them. I'm happy with the change.

11. teqntexas

teqntexas Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Ft. Worth Tx.
    truckers Oasis, ext 145 on i-44 in missouri. carton pall mall with tax last week = $28.15.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.